      From: slc_fire <slc_fire@...>
      Subject: [F-Costume] floating skirt
      To: "F-Costume@yahoogroups.com" <F-Costume@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 3:07 PM

      Hi everyone!

      I want to create a costume that looks like I'm under water. What can I use to hold my skirt up to look like it's floating? I haven't made the skirt yet so I can use any material. I was thinking of finding the lightest weight fabric I could that's not transparent then laying it on a shallow cage made out of chicken wire? I thought about a hoop skirt but I don't think that will give me the structure I'm looking for. Ideas?

      This is what I'm creating - http://platoisboring.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/screen-shot-2012-10-29-at-09-19-41.png

      I'm even going to have fish on wires. :) I miiiiight make the turtle out of foam and use it as a parasol... maybe.

      Thanks!