5897Re: Pattern Mod help

  • Hazel Daniel
    Nov 19, 2012
      Oh! You mean kinda like having a separate boned bodice sewn into the dress, kinda like a sandwich?

      Really? I thought you weren't allowed to remove the instructions in the shop. The nearest place that sells any sort of patterns in the capital, which is half hour train ride away.

      I don't even have accurate measurements for my client, she says she'll give them to me when she pays for the commission itself after christmas, end of december, the new year.

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Sarah Strong <sarahstrong13@...> wrote:

      > That could work, plus it has the added benefit of a real sleeve, long enough to form a real basis for the dress you want to make.
      >
      > Also, you may not be able to get away with just "boning the bodice" (you *might*, with the addition of the ribbon waist belt, if the dress fits closely and isn't too heavy) The foundation I was talking about is like a separate inner bodice, sufficiently boned and with the ribbon waist
      > belt, attached to the dress along the top edge. If you have never made a strapless dress, and if you find pattern instructions intelligible, you might take a gander to your local store that carries Vogue patterns, and read the instructions in a strapless dress pattern that has a foundation. Like for instance
      > http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v2237-products-4531.php?page_id=318
      > or
      > http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v1273-products-15136.php?page_id=861
      > or any of a number of other dresses that have a boned foundation.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic