5895Re: [F-Costume] Re: Pattern Mod help

    Nov 19, 2012
      That could work, plus it has the added benefit of a real sleeve, long
      enough to form a real basis for the dress you want to make.

      Also, you may not be able to get away with just "boning the bodice" (you
      *might*, with the addition of the ribbon waist belt, if the dress fits
      closely and isn't too heavy) The foundation I was talking about is like
      a separate inner bodice, sufficiently boned and with the ribbon waist
      belt, attached to the dress along the top edge. If you have never made a
      strapless dress, and if you find pattern instructions intelligible, you
      might take a gander to your local store that carries Vogue patterns, and
      read the instructions in a strapless dress pattern that has a
      foundation. Like for instance
      http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v2237-products-4531.php?page_id=318
      or
      http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v1273-products-15136.php?page_id=861
      or any of a number of other dresses that have a boned foundation.

      On 11/19/2012 9:08 AM, Hazel Daniel wrote:
      > Different pattern perhaps?
      >
      > I found this on the vogue website
      >
      > http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v2903-products-4894.php?page_id=850
      >
      > If I simply lengthen it and not pleat it, and bone the bodice to help
      > support all the fabric in the skirt and sleeves as you kind folks have
      > suggested.....would that work?
      >
      > I was a little put off before since its a fabric muncher, with the
      > alterations I'll probably need about 10.....maybe 11 or 12 metres of fabric.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic