5382Re: [F-Costume] Fake leather out of felt?

    Jun 1, 2011
      On 6/1/2011 9:00 AM, antigone68104 wrote:
      > As if I didn't have enough projects going on ... I signed up to make a
      > costume for Timmy, ThinkGeek's monkey mascot. I'm doing a superhero
      > costume, as part of it I will need to make stuffed-monkey sized boots
      > and gauntlets.
      For Timmy, you don't even need to do felt. Just get some plain red
      cotton, iron on some interfacing (minus the seam allowances). If you
      don't have heavy iron on, use 2 layers of medium. Stitch (remembering
      to leave an opening someplace on the uppers so you can get his big feet
      into the boots.

      Once made you can coat in glue to make a bit shinny, or probably skip
      the step if you find some polished cotton. Use at least two coats of
      glue. Play w/ a sample, you may find it works better watered down.

      For everyone else, who's not sure what we're talking about... The Think
      Geek mascot needs clothing, and there's been a call put out.

      http://www.thinkgeek.com/blog/2011/05/join-timmys-volunteer-costumin.html

      Looking for some geek fame??? It's a place to play.