4516Re: [F-Costume] Re: Tracing Tables...

    Dec 3, 2009
      I can't remember which thickness it was because I just took the thickest I could find at Home Depot (I want to say it was 3/8 thick). I ran a rail around the entire outter edge and that seems to be holding it up well. You can add a support in the middle but it would create a deadzone. I've leaned on the table while I was drawing and it hasn't sagged.

      From: Sterling <dailylunatic@...>
      To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 12:49:59 PM
      Subject: [F-Costume] Re: Tracing Tables...

      Sounds about what I am looking to make. Couple of questions:

      Do you notice sag or flex in the middle of the plexi? Did you support the middle in any way? I've used plexi to make shields for my stained glass grinder and the like. It worked for the application, but it was thin and flexed quite a bit. Not a problem for a shield as I do not touch it, but I'm a bit leary for the tracing table as I will be 'leaning' on it.

      You mentioned "heavy plexi". Do you have any idea how heavy? 1/4", 3/8", thicker???

      Thanx
      Sterling
      92.5% Pure