4155Re: Online Store Selling Bias Tape

  • Sarah
    Mar 4 2:46 PM
      20mm could be plenty if it's bold, bright tape with plenty of contrast to the main fabric. It will pop out. I assume you are planning to apply all the tape to the outside of the garment, not wrap it around the edge, that will also help maximize the use of the width.
      Around here, you can get single fold tape in 1/2" or 1" width, although the colors are limited... they also make double fold that ends up 1/4", 1/2", and 1" wide. If you can find 1" double fold tape, that opens out to almost 4" total width.
      hence the online search... cos yeah, it's gonna be miles and miles of it... Still, I've made 10 yards or so at a time for quilt bindings and it's not as bad as it sounds. Granted, that's the easy calico stuff you can cut on the mat with the rotary cutter... and I'm just pressing it in half for a french-fold binding.

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "darth_eagle" <darth_eagle@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the replies. ^__^
      >
      > Ya, I think I got a rough idea how to make Bias Tape using one of those "Bias Tape Making tool"; just not sure if can find one locally for making 25mm or even 50mm Bias Tape and what type of Satin or Gold Fabric to use.
      >
      > And the fact that I might need 16-20m of it O__O kinda make me prefer to buy ready-to-use kind rather than making them which I did consider when I see that Shiny Gold Bias Tape here in Singapore doesn't seems to go beyond 1/2" or 12mm width.
      >
      > Example of what was used for one of my costumes
      > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Sith_Haldir/Cosplay/Galaxy_Angels/Mine/gold_piping.jpg
      >

      > Frankly, if I do go the Satin-way (Golden Yellow), do you think I could make do with a 20mm or 3/4" one in order to achieve the same look on the coat when my body width (Armpit to armpit) is about 14"?
      >
      > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Sith_Haldir/Cosplay/Stseiya/Hades_Alone/lost_canvas_anime_alone02.jpg
      >
      > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Sith_Haldir/Cosplay/Stseiya/Hades_Alone/tlc17_004alone.jpg
      >

      > Thanks ^__^
      >
      > Fatimah