4152Re: Online Store Selling Bias Tape

  • Sarah
    Mar 2, 2009
      spandex might not even have to be cut on the bias, if the fabric is
      stretchy enough on the cross (usually the stretchiest direction for
      knits, even the four-way kinds).
      Making your own bias is so easy, it makes the storebought stuff look
      really blah. Anytime I'm making a garment where I'm using bias to
      finish an armhole, neckline, whatever, I usually make it out of the
      scraps of the fashion fabric, unless there's a good reason not to.

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Judy Mitchell <judymitch@...> wrote:

      > darth_eagle wrote:
      > > Can anyone recommend a Website that sells 25-50mm Bias Tape, Satin or
      > > Foil Jersey (?? the Shiny kind usually only comes in Gold, Silver,
      > > Metallic Blue etc colors).
      > >
      > As Sarah said, you can make bias tape out of fabric, that way you can
      > also have a perfect match. I think what you want is those foil/metallic
      > spandex fabrics. Try Spandex House
      > <http://www.spandexhouse.com/product.asp> or if necessary Spandex World
      > <http://www.spandexworld.com/> they are across the street from each
      > other in the fabric district in NY. I find spandex world has more
      > interesting choices, but Spandex House has better service. they both
      > swatch for free. I suspect what you want is Spandex World's 'metallic
      > spandex, 4-way stretch'. Spandex House's "metallic spandex" or
      "metallic
      > stretch mesh" might also work.
      >
      > -Judy

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic