3967Re: [F-Costume] Halloween costume help

    Oct 10, 2008
      Meg wrote:
      > I have a perfect dress for her already made, but I was hoping that
      > some more experienced fantasy costumers might have some ideas about
      > how to create a scaled effect on my face and a crest that doesn't
      > look, well, silly. I've never even attempted stage makeup before, so
      > I haven't the faintest idea where to begin. Any advice would be
      > greatly appreciated,
      > Thanks,
      > Meg

      have you considered using press-on nails, overlapped, to give a 3-D
      scaly effect?

      for a crest, you have to work out some way of attaching a band curved
      lengthwise around your head that the crest can rise from. I've seen it
      done well, <http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=5313>
      but unfortunately the pic doesn't show it off great. What he did was to
      curve a metal band that fit along his head with a counterweight in front
      to hold it in place. Maybe that will give you some ideas? Depending how
      you brushyour hair, you might be able to hide the band with your hair
      and have the counter weight as something decorative.