3299Re: Constructing a Cut Out - The Results!!

  • Amanda
    Nov 29, 2007
      Hello everyone!

      For those of you that recall the question I posted about two months
      back regarding a reinforced keyhole cut out on a skirt, I wanted to
      share our results:

      http://www.geocities.com/cuprysa/Inoue.html

      I did the patterning (I'm the tall one in the middle - yes, I'm a
      girl) and my red-headed friend Traeonna did all the actual sewing. We
      used a heavy weight interior dec fabric and heavy weight interfacing.
      We micro-tac'd the skirt flaps to the hakama underneath, which worked
      great. It allowed slight movement between the layers because the tack
      isn't as tight as a snap or stitch. I think the bias tape also helped
      to stabilize the cut out.

      Thank you to everyone that provided advice, especially Cat. We loved
      the results!

      - Amanda

      ps. For those of you that were wondering, we're characters from the
      anime Bleach.

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Amanda_C <cuprysa@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I was hoping to get some advice on how to go about
      > constructing the cut-out in this skirt:
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/cuprysa/Inoue.html
      >
      > My concern is the flaps coming from the bottom of the
      > circle cut-out are just going to hang awry rather than
      > laying nice and flat and defining the circle.
      >
      > I planned to use light interfacing to maintain the
      > shape of the cut-out, but I don't know how to make the
      > flaps work. I thought I could tack it to the
      > underskirt, but then nothing would move correctly...
      >
      > Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been
      > pondering this for a few months without epiphany :)
      >
      > Thank you again,
      > Amanda

      > Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.
      > http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic