3279Re: Stardust: Yvaine's Stardust gown

  • faye
    Nov 9, 2007
      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "darth_eagle" <darth_eagle@...>
      wrote:

      > Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@> wrote:
      > > There are long triangle gores inserted at each seam. You don't
      need
      > > pattern for those, just punt, they're easy. (Anyone got a good
      > medieval
      > > link for skirt gores??? ) They start at low hip:
      >

      > Just noticed this question when I try to trace the gores on some of
      > the photos of the costume.
      >
      > Are they just located between the Princess Seams OR also between
      the
      > Side Seams?
      >
      > I thot I spy a Gore on the picture of her lying down:
      > http://www.costumersguide.com/stardust/silver2.jpg
      >
      > Thanks! ^__^
      >
      > Fatimah

      That is a gore alright placed in the princess seam. Hard to tell the
      shap of the gore, but since it is going into two straight seams the
      gore could be an isocelies triangle.

      I do not find them so easy to insert when they are placed in front
      and back without a CF or CB seam. The Bias makes for beautiful drape
      and a "swishy" skirt.

      Even so, one has to be very careful at the very top to get everything
      lined up just right. I find hand sewing give me much more control.

      I looked high and low for a good web site to help me when doing gores
      for the first time and there is some very bad advise out there. I
      guess I should make up a page on my site, since I had so much trouble.

      faye
      www.simbelmyne.us

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic