3153Re: Constructing a Cut Out

  • Jim
    Oct 3, 2007
      Hello,

      I have the ultimate solution with no bulk or problem.... Since you
      are making the hakama seperate...(what fun those are). I would
      suggest using "Magnets"
      http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D41%2DN50
      These little bitty ones sewn into the bottem of the circle and just
      placed inside the hakama will do the trick they are very strong and I
      would seroiusly dought that they would come loose.

      Coztumer

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Amanda_C <cuprysa@...> wrote:

      > This is fantastic, thank you SO much, I love all the
      > advice ^_^
      >
      > To clarify, there will be no super-heroing in this
      > costume. :)
      >
      > Ref again: http://www.geocities.com/cuprysa/Inoue.html
      >
      > Also, the "underskirt" is a pair of hakama. We made
      > the hakama, (and intend to make the rest of the
      > costume) out of interior dec fabric - Roclon's
      > Renaissance white, if anyone is familiar. It's a
      > heavier fabric, and we've had a lot of success with it
      > in the past.
      >
      > The edges are getting trimmed in double wide binding,
      > nothing too stiff.
      >
      > We have these fabric and trim "restrictions" because
      > this costume (for a friend) needs to match mine (I'm
      > just doing the patterning). To give you an idea, my
      > costume is the white one:
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/cuprysa/Ulquiorra1.jpg
      >
      > Cat, all of that made sense to me except this:
      >
      > --- Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...>
      > wrote:
      > *snip!*
      > > Oh... if you do need the super hero version and
      > > light material...fill
      > > the circle and down with clear strong plastic. For
      > > ability to walk, in
      > > the back tack down the plastic in the circle and two
      > > one side. Let the
      > > "Slit" be to one side of the key hole. I guess you
      > > could leave it open
      > > in the front to... but again, just chose one side to
      > > have open.
      >
      > I don't understand what you mean about the slit and
      > putting it to one side. Can you please explain that
      > again?
      >
      > And do you recommend the grading to eliminate seam
      > bulk or is there another reason I'm missing?
      >
      > Thank you all so so much!
      > Amanda

      Yahoo! FareChase.
      > http://farechase.yahoo.com/