3150Re: [F-Costume] Constructing a Cut Out

  • Amanda_C
    Oct 2, 2007
      This is fantastic, thank you SO much, I love all the
      advice ^_^

      To clarify, there will be no super-heroing in this
      costume. :)

      Ref again: http://www.geocities.com/cuprysa/Inoue.html

      Also, the "underskirt" is a pair of hakama. We made
      the hakama, (and intend to make the rest of the
      costume) out of interior dec fabric - Roclon's
      Renaissance white, if anyone is familiar. It's a
      heavier fabric, and we've had a lot of success with it
      in the past.

      The edges are getting trimmed in double wide binding,
      nothing too stiff.

      We have these fabric and trim "restrictions" because
      this costume (for a friend) needs to match mine (I'm
      just doing the patterning). To give you an idea, my
      costume is the white one:

      http://www.geocities.com/cuprysa/Ulquiorra1.jpg

      Cat, all of that made sense to me except this:

      --- Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...>
      wrote:
      *snip!*
      > Oh... if you do need the super hero version and
      > light material...fill
      > the circle and down with clear strong plastic. For
      > ability to walk, in
      > the back tack down the plastic in the circle and two
      > one side. Let the
      > "Slit" be to one side of the key hole. I guess you
      > could leave it open
      > in the front to... but again, just chose one side to
      > have open.

      I don't understand what you mean about the slit and
      putting it to one side. Can you please explain that
      again?

      And do you recommend the grading to eliminate seam
      bulk or is there another reason I'm missing?

      Thank you all so so much!
      Amanda

      http://farechase.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic