3147Re: Constructing a Cut Out

  • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
    Oct 2, 2007
      What Cat said about the lining, but make it a tiny bit smaller than
      the outside fabric. If there are side seams, make the lining seam
      allowance about 1/8" bigger than the outside, maybe only about
      1/16". You want it just enough smaller to put some tension on the
      edges so they don't pooch out.

      Sandy

      At 11:58 AM 10/2/2007, you wrote:

      >I added arrows to my reference pic so I can try to explain more:
      ><http://www.geocities.com/cuprysa/Inoue.html>http://www.geocities.com/cuprysa/Inoue.html
      >
      >Cat, you asked about the back of the skirt. Same treatment,
      >keyhole/circle in the back, so it will open as the wearer walks. *phew*
      >
      >I feel pretty confident about reinforcing the circle so it keeps its
      >shape. The part I am stuck on is how to keep the "flaps" (shaded in
      >blue in reference) from falling apart/forward/open.
      >
      >Would interfacing stop that from happening? I just picture them
      >opening like barn doors away from the model.
      >
      >Thank you so much for all your help, as always. :)
      >
      >- Amanda

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History
      Are Doomed to Repeat It;
      Why They Are Simply Doomed.