2803Re: [F-Costume] Urgent Wig Help

  • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
    Jun 2, 2007
      At 05:27 AM 6/1/2007, you wrote:

      Hi, Fatimah,

      A couple of things.

      For wigs we really like Lacey Wigs in New York. Great service, large
      selection and very inexpensive. They carry both real hair and faux
      hair wigs. Their phone number is:

      Regarding the hair color. It is a general convention in most comics
      (including manga) to indicate black with a dark navy with black
      highlights. This is often done because of the limitations of the
      color printing process. If they used just black, or even tried to use
      shades of black, they would get just a blob of solid black without
      definition. Using mostly navy with some black highlights allows for detail.

      Given that, of course, you could still go for navy hair to emphasize
      the comic/manga origin of you character.

      Hope that helps.

      Pierre

      >I really need a recommendation on where I can get a wig for a
      >costume I'll be wearing this July.
      >
      >It's a 100cm (+ or - from the Crown) Wig in *Navy/Midnight Blue*
      >Color and has Bang/Fringes. A shade lighter is also okay as I might
      >be desperate and there is no chance of my getting a Navy/Midnight
      >Blue Customized Wig here in Singapore either (closest color I found
      >was a shade darker than "Electric Indigo"
      ><http://www.amphigory.com/wig_color_eindigo.html>http://www.amphigory.com/wig_color_eindigo.html
      >)
      >
      >This is the character I'm planning to do:
      ><http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Sith_Haldir/Cosplay/Galaxy_Ange>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Sith_Haldir/Cosplay/Galaxy_Ange
      >ls/ga13.jpg
      >(Chitose from the Japanese Comic called Galaxy Angels Beta)
      >
      >As you can see, her hair appears Navy/Midnight Blue but the
      >description/wordings in the Manga said Black. Then again, I think
      >it'll be more interesting to go for Navy/Midnight Blue as most
      >people will be familiar with her in that hair color and it might be
      >mistaken as Black under certain lighting.
      >
      >Thanks! ^__^
      >
      >Regards,
      >Fatimah

      "Those Who Fail To Learn History