2439Re: Oddball question on high-standing collar supports

  • von_drago
    Feb 1 5:53 PM
      Not sure if this would be the entire answer but it might help;

      Irish Dancers use a product called Flexi-Firm in their skirts & capes
      to keep them rigid & standing out.
      It resembles 1/8"thick felt. It is flexible & can be sewn through but
      is very "firm" & will stand up very well. It will not be immobile &
      is easy to sew through (if not to manipulate through the machine in
      large pieces - like the Irish Dance skirt).

      Not all suppliers will have it either but it might be worth checking
      into.

      Von Drago

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Angharad ver' Reynulf
      <dragonwolfcat@...> wrote:

      > One of my household friends fell in love with two costumes
      > currently on display or in progress at my house this month and so I
      am now making 6 matching outfits inspired by them for a drag queen
      show. One was my Julian May Tanu costume (easy-peasy,
      > even if he chose sequined fabric that stretches) but the other is a
      > high stand up collar (think Ming the Merciless, Magenta or Riff from
      > RHPS or in a couple of the Big Three Halloween costume patterns).
      > My personal stand up collar is just fine, being made out of silk
      and brocade,
      > even beaded, the pellon and boning is enough to make it stand up
      just
      > fine. Theirs are heavier (quilted silver lame, eventually to be
      > beaded/sparkled) and they are much more active, including a can-can
      > dance, which is causing them to flop about and not stand up
      consistently, even with the extra boning I

      > The fish are biting.
      > http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic