2437Re: Oddball question on high-standing collar supports

  • Sarah
    Feb 1, 2007
      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Angharad ver' Reynulf
      <dragonwolfcat@...> wrote:

      > One of my household friends fell in love with two costumes...
      > [snip] but the other is a high stand up collar...

      Would a regular steel or spring bone work in the dowel casing? Or
      something like a dowel, only springy, so it doesn't break?
      What about plastic canvas, although the time to use it is earlier in
      construction when you are layering up to quilt...
      Without a picture it's hard to know if I'm imagining anything like
      what you are describing... Is the problem partly in the join between
      the collar and the body of the costume, so that needs more structure,
      not just the collar itself?
      Sounds like a wild time!