1803Re: Hairpins

  • Hannah
    Sep 1, 2006
      Thank you, Sheryl!
      Interestingly enough, I've been planning on getting some Amish
      hairpins for a while now- I have far too much hair for regular long
      pins now, they get bent out of shape, so I need some for everyday
      life, too. I usually do a ponytail, divided into two braids, twisted
      around and pinned and hairsticked, so when wet it should hold fairly
      well.
      Thank you again, and if I don't find anything infinitely better, I
      will probably go with the Amish pins. When I have my persona all
      together I'll try to post a picture to show you. *G*
      Hannah

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Barrow, Sheryl"
      <sheryl.barrow@...> wrote:

      > My hair is almost that length, and I've had some success with:
      >
      > Hairpins -> use long pins, like fabric pins, but more like 2 1/2 -
      3" long

      > Braid ends -> braid when wet, and run the braid to as near the end
      as you
      > can. This will make it hold better, especially if you can put a
      band in it
      > until it starts to dry.
      >
      > Roll or twist the braid against your scalp and use the pins to
      keep it in
      > place, like hairsticks. Just don't poke yourself in the head!!
      >
      > Honestly, the best suggestion I can give you is to check out how
      the Amish
      > women put their hair up. That's where I got the pin idea from -
      the girl I
      > saw used it to keep her bonnet on.
      >
      > Good luck! Let me know how you end up doing it!
      >
      > Sheryl
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic