1Welcome to our new home

    Jun 26, 2005
      Welcome all.

      We have moved to F-Costume mailing list to a new home here in the yahoo
      groups. We hope to revive this list by the addition of a message archive
      and a place to post pictures.

      F-costume will be a place to discuss Fantasy and Science Fiction costuming
      in all its variations. This will include everything from original designs
      to book and movie recreations.

      We welcome all questions about making and designing costumes. Do not be
      afraid to ask question. And understand there are multiple answers to
      questions depending on your goals and resources. Different folks know
      different information and techniques. We are stronger in knowledge as a
      community.... and we're really going to make some wonderful outfits in the
      process.

      Also we are going to work hard to archive the information into a more
      coherent form so it's easier to look up in long term use. This will be a
      multi step process. The good news is that we have some of the info up there
      already at Alley Cat Scratch. We are going to combine what we have from our
      sister group, LOTR Costume, with what's in our "Making 'Em" section
      (http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/MakeingEm.htm ) and try to build a
      library of tips and detail. (This will take a little while.. but we will at
      least get started.)

      To build this knowledge base we are going to use tips and articles posted in
      this yahoo group. All writing will remain the authors' properties. If you
      do not wish you tips posted, please notify the group moderators.

      Again, welcome.