NEW PUBLISHING CONCEPT

  • thamarahua2
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2003
      Hi!

      I have opened up a new website http://www.thamarahua.com and am
      incorporating a section for books. While the website may not have
      your attention, I would ask for your opinions and feedback on the
      idea for the book section please.

      Firstly, the authors donate the use of ALL the books sold on this
      site, and ALL the proceeds are given to The Thamara Humanitarian
      Trust. This Trust was set up on March 4, 2003 to serve the needs of
      the poor and destitute in India and Thamara is working towards
      establishing a social welfare project, which will involve (perhaps
      amongst other things) orphanages, and destitute single women.

      We are offering the books for sale on this site at nominal charges,
      but they cannot be copied or downloaded. They are for reading on your
      computer only.

      While there are still some things to be worked out, if you have a
      book that you would like to see published or displayed in this
      manner, please contact us at admin@...

      Now there are some people who have already published their own books,
      or would like to publish their manuscripts, this is another way that
      you can get your work out into the open market.

      You will always maintain the ownership and copyright to your work and
      we will provide a quarterly statement advising you of the status and
      sales of your book. Depending on the qualifications, which exist in
      your country, this statement may be used as a 'donation receipt' for
      a tax deduction in your Income Tax Return.

      If you are a self-publisher, and would like to offer your book for
      sale in this manner, we can also include a reference in the write up
      of your book, as to the how and where your book can be purchased in
      print. This could certainly help you in the sale of your book also.

      We look forward to hearing from you. And please tell your friends
      about this innovate, charitable, idea.

      Have a great day!
      Annette