656Douglas De Bono's FYEO

  • technothriller2000
    Jul 2, 2003
      I hope this finds you healthy and well. This edition of the
      newsletter has a number of fun things. There are 2 new
      research articles related to SARS and North Korea. While
      the numbers related to the SARS article have inflated since I
      wrote it in mid-May, I would suggest that thrust of the piece
      remains true. I'll probably have a spate of North Korean
      articles over the next months.

      FIREWALL is available for pre-order on
      BarnesandNoble.com. You can pre-order the book on the
      website. There are a lot of goodies on FIREWALL further
      down in the newsletter. It should be available everywhere on
      September 1, 2003. If you want an autographed copy, send
      me an email at readermail@.... We'll
      work something out.

      The first cut of the Rogue's Gallery went up on June 30,
      2003. There are a fair number of historic figures used in the
      books. The Rogue's Gallery attaches a name to a face and a
      short bio. There will be more as time goes on. At present, I
      have not included American Presidents or administration
      figures in the gallery. The Rogue's Gallery is available off
      the Home Page.

      The glossary will be getting new entries in the next month or
      so. I have a list of 30 items that need to be added. I suspect
      this list will grow as SCORCHED EARTH takes shape.

      The E-Book editions for the first four books are available on
      Amazon. People are starting to purchase these. ROGUE
      STATE e-book edition had an Amazon sales rating of 281 a
      few days ago! E-books are a low risk way to find out what I
      write about, and the paper copies are always available.

      A rare event occurred in mid-June at the Norfolk Naval
      Base - four flattops were in port at the same time. They were
      Enterprise, Reagan, Roosevelt and the Truman. We were
      passing thru on our way to the Outer Banks and I figured I
      was seeing things when we popped out of the tunnel on I64.
      However, my friend George Randall pointed out a photo in
      the Virginia Pilot.

      Drug Pushers and Bomb Makers

      I doubt most of us have heard of the North Korean Advisory
      Group or that they produced a report at the behest of the
      House Speaker. North Korea is a headline making rogue
      nation intent on producing ballistic missiles and nuclear
      weapons. They represent a clear and present danger to the
      national security of the United States. During the Battle for
      Iraq (March/April 2003), the United States tasked two
      Nimitz Class Carrier Battle Groups and 24 heavy bombers
      to deter any mischief along the Korean Peninsula.

      more:

      http://www.douglasdebono.com/newsletter/news07.htm </a>

      The SARS Scandal

      I know this is going to shock some of you, especially those
      of you who still believe in the Tooth Fairy and Easter
      Bunny: The People's Republic of China (PRC) has
      understated the impact of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory
      Syndrome). I chose the politically correct verb understated,
      because in the post what-is-the-meaning-of-is era it is still
      too shocking to say they prevaricated. All right I'll spit it
      out: China lied, denied, covered up the truth and fibbed.

      more:

      http://www.douglasdebono.com/newsletter/news08.htm </a>

      REVIEW CORNER

      Firewall

      Did you ever think that things were not always as they
      seemed? Did you wonder if there was more to the story than
      what was being fed to you by the mainstream media? If you
      are convinced that there are covert operations that take
      place without the knowledge of the American public, then
      Firewall will support your conviction.

      more:

      http://www.douglasdebono.com/newsletter/news09.htm </a>

      Terror Wars Series

      By the time you read this, FIREWALL should be available
      for purchase from Amazon and Barnes & Noble. So what is
      FIREWALL and the TERROR WARS Series?

      For those of you who have read my early works, I think
      there are a number of common themes that run through the
      novels

      more:

      http://www.douglasdebono.com/newsletter/news10.htm </a>

      Reader Mail

      I received some great reader mail these last three months.
      Keep sending it!

      more:

      http://www.douglasdebono.com/newsletter/news11.htm </a>

      If you like, please forward this e-Newsletter to interested friends!

      How to Subscribe to
      DouglasDeBono.Com NEWS:

      You can request a new subscription by clicking the subscribe button
      at

      <A HREF="http://www.DouglasDeBono.Com/news.htm">
      http://www.DouglasDeBono.Com/news.htm </A>

      Alternately, just send me an E-mail at

      readermail@...

      with the subject line saying "Subscribe"

      Unsubscribing: To unsubscribe, click the unsubscribe button at:

      <A HREF="http://www.DouglasDeBono.Com/news.htm">
      http://www.DouglasDeBono.Com/news.htm </A>

      Alternately, just send me an E-mail at

      readermail@...

      with the subject line saying "Unsubscribe"

      DouglasDeBono.Com NEWS
      Douglas DeBono
      Enjoy an intelligent thriller.
      http://www.DouglasDeBono.com