Pay Tribute With Flowers On Memorial Day

  • Wesley Berry
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2006
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Wesley Berry
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * EzineZone@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============
      Pay Tribute With Flowers On Memorial Day

      Article Description:
      ====================
      The tradition of decorating the graves of fallen soldiers has
      been in existence since the time of the Civil War. Such honoring
      of the dead inspired a day of remembrance that we call Memorial
      Day, which extends our appreciation and admiration to all
      soldiers who died in the service of their country since the
      time of the Civil War.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================
      Distribution Date and Time: Fri Apr 28 13:00:53 EDT 2006

      Written By: Wesley Berry
      Copyright: 2006
      Contact Email: mailto:wesley.berry@...

      Article URL:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/b/history-of-memorial-day.shtml

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Wesley_Berry

      Pay Tribute With Flowers On Memorial Day
      Copyright � 2006 Wesley Berry
      Wesley Berry Flowers
      http://www.800wesleys.com/

      The tradition of decorating the graves of fallen soldiers has
      been in existence since the time of the Civil War. Historical
      evidence shows that women living in the South honored soldiers
      by placing some sort of decorative items on their graves, as is
      indicated by the 1867 hymn by Nella L. Sweet titled "Kneel Where
      Our Loves are Sleeping" and is dedicated "to the ladies of the
      South who are decorating the graves of the Confederate dead."
      Though it's not clear what the decorations were, we can
      reasonably assume they placed flowers on the grave as we do
      today. Such honoring of the dead inspired a day of remembrance
      that we call Memorial Day, which extends our appreciation and
      admiration to all soldiers who died in the service of their
      country since the time of the Civil War.

      Memorial Day is often a busy day for florists because so many
      people recognize the tribute that a beautiful bouquet or
      arrangement of flowers pays to those who have passed in times of
      war. When you plan to order flowers for a loved one's grave, it's
      a good idea to call a few weeks in advance to place the order.
      This will ensure that your florist will have the amount and types
      of flowers you'd like to include on hand. You'll need to indicate
      that the flowers are for placement in a cemetery and that they
      are for Memorial Day. Your florist will be able to create an
      appropriate arrangement that can be easily placed on a grave and
      withstand outdoor conditions for a reasonable amount of time.

      Memorial Day arrangements often use flowers that are red, white,
      and blue to commemorate the service the person has given to our
      country. Carnations are a popular choice because they are long
      lasting and available in the proper colors. However, your
      Memorial Day flowers don't have to be limited to red, white, and
      blue or to the common graveside wreath. You can order the fallen
      soldier's favorite flower and simply tuck in a small flag to
      signify the arrangement is for Memorial Day. Or, you can order a
      beautiful bouquet of spring flowers and ask that they be bound
      with ribbons in our country's colors. Your florist may even carry
      ribbons with special script on them for Memorial Day.

      If you're hesitant to place fresh flowers on the grave because
      you won't be available to remove them when they fade, ask your
      florist to create a silk arrangement. Although florists work
      chiefly with fresh flowers, many create beautiful artificial
      flower arrangements as well. Using artificial flowers will allow
      the arrangement to remain beautiful until you or someone else can
      return to retrieve them.

      Wesley Berry is the President of Wesley Berry Flowers,
      a successful multi-million dollar business that was
      established in 1946. He is also the Headmaster of the
      Professional Florists' Institute, a floral design school
      located in Michigan. Visit Wesley Berry Flowers on the
      web at http://www.800wesleys.com

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: April 7, 2005)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Wesley Berry can be reached at:
      wesley.berry@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:wesley.berry@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      and opinion of its author, Wesley Berry
      http://www.800wesleys.com/

    • Wesley Berry. AAF
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 25, 2007
        Free-Reprint Article Written by: Wesley Berry, AAF
        See Terms of Reprint Below.

        *
        *
        * EzineZone@yahoogroups.com
        *

        This article has been distributed by:
        http://Article-Distribution.com

        Helpful Link:

        Article Title:
        ==============

        Pay Tribute With Flowers On Memorial Day

        Article Description:
        ====================

        The tradition of decorating the graves of fallen soldiers has
        been in existence since the time of the Civil War. Historical
        evidence shows that women living in the South honored soldiers
        by placing some sort of decorative items on their graves, as is
        indicated by the 1867 hymn by Nella L. Sweet titled "Kneel Where
        Our Loves are Sleeping" and is dedicated "to the ladies of the
        South who are decorating the graves of the Confederate dead."

        Additional Article Information:
        ===============================

        Distribution Date and Time: 2007-12-26 02:36:00

        Written By: Wesley Berry, AAF
        Copyright: 2006-2007
        Contact Email: mailto:wes@...

        For more free-reprint articles by Wesley Berry, AAF, please visit:
        http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/wesley-berry,-aaf.html

        If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
        We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
        us know where you have used this article, and we will
        include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

        http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=5519&p=load

        Versions Of Article Are Available at:
        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/pay-tribute-with-flowers.shtml#get_code

        Pay Tribute With Flowers On Memorial Day
        Copyright (c) 2006-2007 Wesley Berry, AAF
        Wesley Berry Flowers
        http://www.800wesleys.com/

[...]

        Wesley Berry is member of the American Academy of
        Floriculture (AAF) and President of Wesley Berry Flowers,
        a successful multi-million dollar floral business that
        was established in 1946. He is also the developer of
        http://www.LocalNewsDelivery.com a website that delivers
        local news to over 40,000 communities across the country.
        Recently he also launched a website providing information
        about various places of worship (http://www.local-worship.com)
        throughout the United States. Visit Wesley Berry Flowers on
        the web at http://www.800wesleys.com

        --- END ARTICLE ---

        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/pay-tribute-with-flowers.shtml#get_code

        TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
        (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

        The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

        *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

        Hyperlinks (clickable links).

        within the article.

        *** Author Notification ***

        or her work. Wesley Berry, AAF can be reached at:
        wes@...

        for Print Permission at:
        mailto:wes@...

        ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

        are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

        and opinion of its author, Wesley Berry, AAF
        http://www.800wesleys.com/