Facial Wrinkles – Iron Out the Facts and Solutions

  • Kamau Austin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Kamau Austin
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * EzineZone@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============
      Facial Wrinkles � Iron Out the Facts and Solutions

      Article Description:
      ====================
      There are treatments that can help you iron out the wrinkles
      that come with time. We will separate the fact from the
      fiction.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================
      Distribution Date and Time: Wed Mar 1 14:49:09 EST 2006

      Written By: Kamau Austin
      Copyright: 2006, All Rights Reserved
      Contact Email: mailto:Kamau@...

      Article URL:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/a/iron-out-facial-wrinkles.shtml
      Kamau Austin's Picture URL:
      http://www.searchengineplan.com/blogs/kamausmlx.jpg

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Kamau_Austin

      Facial Wrinkles � Iron Out the Facts and Solutions
      Copyright � 2006 Kamau Austin, All Rights Reserved
      DBA AdPro Media Sales
      http://www.HealthandFitnessVitality.com

      There are treatments that can help you iron out the wrinkles that
      come with time. Separate the fact from the fiction.

      Today, we live in an increasingly self-conscious world, one in
      which it is easy to become obsessed with how we look. Looking
      younger seems almost to be a national obsession.

      Increasingly, wrinkles are regarded as unwanted facial
      characteristics. Newer and more potent treatments and drugs vie
      for our attention; claiming that they will reduce wrinkles and
      give us a more youthful appearance.

      Why do most anti-aging treatments and surgeries focus on the face
      and neck as the area for enhancement? This is because usually
      the face and neck most clearly betrays the effect of passing
      time.

      Being one of the most "exposed" parts of our body to the
      surrounding environment, the face reflects the ravages of time
      quite faithfully. Haven�t you noticed that you can very
      accurately estimate the age of a person merely by looking at
      their face?

      Even babies are born with this skill � they can differentiate
      between the face of an adult and a child.

      There are very clear biological and environmental factors behind
      the maturing of our faces and wrinkles. As a person grows older,
      the shape of their cranium actually changes.

      The skin tends to become darker with the passage of years. Also,
      it loses its elasticity and becomes less flexible.

      Not only that, it becomes rougher but also more leathery. Various
      blemishes and discolorations appear on the skin. Not only is an
      aging face betrayed by lines and wrinkles, it also plays host to
      pouches and folds.

      The pores of our skin appear wider, bags appear under the eyes
      and the very skin appears to sag. These conditions can often
      result in a double chin.

      Many consider the above conditions unsightly. The sight of
      facial wrinkles and sagging chins is enough to send some of us
      rushing to the nearest plastic surgeon or botox treatment.

      May be a better strategy should be to look into the reasons
      behind the appearance of wrinkles. Only then we can understand
      this process and attempt to actually reverse it.

      Most experts will cite photo damage or sun damage as the primary
      reason behind wrinkles. This is because the sun�s rays can very
      easily penetrate the skin�s surface. These rays can actually
      physically destroy the delicate tissues of our skin, leading to
      wrinkles.

      Although sun tanning is a very fashionable activity, research
      indicates that this could lead to earlier and also deeper
      wrinkles.

      You might think that tanning, burning, and peeling is the only
      damage the sun can cause. These are, in fact, only the more
      apparent and superficial effects of sun damage.

      -- The Deeper Ravages of the Sun --

      Sunrays can cause much damage to the deeper layers of the skin.
      This is because Ultra Violet rays (in sunlight) have different
      bandwidth. UV rays and can actually penetrate much deeper into
      our skin.

      Darker skin tones tend to be much less vulnerable to skin burns.
      However, in the way they respond to wrinkles because of sun
      damage is not very different. Apart from wrinkles, the sun also
      causes dryness of skin and the manifestation of age spots � all
      signs of a skin struggling to survive the challenges of time.

      Studies show that most age related wrinkles start appearing
      around the age of 27. This also depends on a number of factors
      apart from the environment like...

      � facial habits
      - genetic inheritance and
      - skin care regimens.

      Biologically, wrinkles are caused by the breakdown of the
      collagen and elastin fibers. These fibers lie beneath our skin
      and which give it its flexibility and firmness.

      Ultra violet rays contribute to the damage of skin fibers. What
      follows is when stretched, our skin is no longer capable of
      "snapping" back. This helps lead to wrinkles.

      Gravity is also an acknowledged culprit in this game. It
      constantly pulls our skin downwards and causes it to sag over a
      period of time. This is especially visible on the face and neck
      and on our upper arms.

      Cigarette smoking is another cause for early wrinkle formation.
      Scientists are not sure of the reason behind this, but studies
      have consistently shown that smokers are far more susceptible to
      wrinkle damage than non-smokers.

      This is even evidenced when both smokers and nonsmokers belonged
      to the same age group. In these test groups participants
      exposure to the sun had been similar and their complexion was of
      similar types. The smokers experienced more wrinkles in their
      skin. Scientists suppose that this might happen because of the
      damage that the cigarette smoke causes to elastin.

      Other factors which have been proposed to explain the formations
      of wrinkles like hormone loss as we age. Free radicals are said
      to attack our skin. Certain areas of our facial skin reflect age
      much earlier. Is the case especially in areas around our eyes
      and lips and our foreheads.

      This is because our skin repeatedly folds around these regions.
      Our skin actually "remembers" our habitual expressions and over
      time. It gets permanently folded accordingly.

      Botox injections have proven especially effective when these
      specific facial features have been targeted.

      Some over the counter formulas are now available to help in the
      fight against the ravages of time. Rejuvinol�, available at
      www.BODeStore.com, may be one of these products. It is a unique
      nutrient-rich moisturizer that nourishes, tones and rehydrates
      for firmer, more resilient skin. Skin is protected from oxidation
      (aging), sun and environmental damage. It contains Hyaluronic
      Acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body, is one of the
      most effective moisturizing agents available.

      When it comes to looking younger today, we owe it to ourselves
      to use everything in our arsenal to stave off the ravages of
      time.

      Visit http://www.HealthandFitnessVitality.com for the latest
      in Timeless Health and Fitness Tips for 2006. Discover the
      newest trends at the Fit After Forty Blog. Find them at...
      http://www.healthandfitnessvitality.com/blogs/fitnessblog.htm
      Article courtesy of Kamau Austin, � All Rights Reserved

      This Article must be published with a disclaimer as such...
      This article is for general information purposes only. Before
      under taking any exercise or treatment program always first
      check first with your doctor and health professionals.

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: April 7, 2005)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Kamau Austin can be reached at:
      Kamau@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:Kamau@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION