Five Great Reasons To Start Utilizing Web & Video Conferencing Technology Now

  • Dan Richmond
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005

      Message delivered directly to members of the group:
      ezinezone@yahoogroups.com

      Please consider this free-reprint article written by:
      Dan Richmond

      ==================
      IMPORTANT - Publication/Reprint Terms

      - You have permission to publish this article electronically in
      free-only publications such as a website or an ezine as long as
      the bylines are included.

      - You are not allowed to use this article for commercial
      purposes. The article should only be reprinted in a publicly
      accessible website and not in a members-only commercial site.

      - You are not allowed to post/reprint this article in any
      sites/publications that contains or supports hate, violence,
      porn and warez or any indecent and illegal sites/publications.

      - You are not allowed to use this article in UCE (Unsolicited
      Commercial Email) or SPAM. This article MUST be distributed in
      an opt-in email list only.

      - If you distribute this article in an ezine or newsletter, we
      ask that you send a copy of the newsletter or ezine that
      contains the article to danr@...

      - If you post this article in a website/forum/blog, ALL links
      MUST be set to hyperlinks and we ask that you send a copy of
      the URL where the article is posted to danr@...

      - We request that you ask permission from the author if you
      want to publish this article in print.

      The role of iSnare.com is only to distribute this article as
      part of its Article Distribution feature (
      http://www.isnare.com/distribution.php ). iSnare.com does NOT
      own this article, please respect the author's copyright and
      this publication/reprint terms. If you do not agree to any of
      these terms, please do not reprint or publish this article.
      ==================

      Article Title: Five Great Reasons To Start Utilizing Web &
      Video Conferencing Technology Now
      Author: Dan Richmond
      Word Count: 578
      Article URL:
      http://www.isnare.com/?id=21680&ca=Computers+and+Technology
      Format: 64cpl
      Author's Email Address: danr@...

      Easy Publish Tool: http://www.isnare.com/html.php?id=21680

      ================== ARTICLE START ==================
      Several years ago I was in a computer store and a salesman was
      trying to sell me something, in fact, he was trying to sell me
      anything that he could. I said that I had the latest computer
      and really didn�t need anything more. Then he showed me a web
      camera and I thought for a few seconds, but I really couldn�t
      figure out why I would need that gadget.

      Now things have changed and that salesman could get the sale
      from me, because the time is right to start conducting online
      web and video conferences. Here are a few reasons why the age
      of web conferencing has truly arrived:

      1. Transportation costs are rising and web conferencing is one
      way to conduct meetings without getting into a car or plane.

      Imagine how much money you could save if you were able to hold
      a staff meeting with your distant branches without paying for
      fuel, hotels and all the other costs associated with outside
      meetings?

      2. The cost of conducting a meeting outside a main office is
      much higher than you can calculate by only adding up the
      material costs.

      When you leave your office or home, you have to put everything
      aside and subject yourself to delays in traffic, airports,
      trains and taxis. Sure, you can take your laptop with you, but
      are you really as productive using a laptop in a busy airport
      as you are while you are in your own office? Web conferencing
      allows you to get back to your other work as soon as the online
      conference ends.

      3. Web conferencing allows you to meet face-to-face with your
      colleagues no matter where they are.

      Globalization is not just a slogan. Business, educational and
      social organizations are now working in increasingly wider
      networks which are spread throughout the world. If you have
      clients, employees, representatives or students in another
      country or in a distant location, think how convenient it would
      be to be able to turn on your computer and hold a meeting with
      them. Well, this is not a distant dream, it is possible right
      now using existing web and video conferencing technology

      4. Online conferencing allows you to give support and help to
      clients without sending out a technician or a representative.

      If you are selling a product or service that must be supported,
      then think of the improvement in customer relations and
      reduction in costs that you could achieve if you could
      effectively meet online with your client. Today�s conferencing
      technology even allows your staff to �take over� the computer
      of a client and demonstrate how an application works.

      5. Video and web conferencing is now extremely affordable, easy
      to use and very functional.

      Gone are the days of proprietary systems and cameras. Today you
      can use standard PCs and inexpensive web cameras to conduct your
      meetings. The online meetings do not require equipment or
      software that is not already found in most offices. In
      addition, several companies now offer conferencing services at
      a price that even individuals and small organizations can
      afford.

      If you need to hold meetings, or meet with staff and colleagues
      who work in far-flung locations then you should consider online
      conferencing. The spread of online meetings could change the
      way we all work, just as the widespread adoption of email did
      fifteen years ago.

      About The Author: Dan Richmond is CEO & Co-founder of
      http://MegaMeeting.com MegaMeeting provides Web Conferencing &
      Video Conferencing services for individuals, businesses and
      educational institutions. For more information, or for a free
      live demonstration, please visit http://www.MegaMeeting.com/ or
      call (818) 783-4311.

      For more free-reprint articles by Dan Richmond please visit:
      http://www.isnare.com/?s=author&a=Dan+Richmond