Traffic Conversion Secrets Finally Revealed!

  • Dan Lok
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Dan Lok
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * EzineZone@yahoogroups.com
      *

      Article Title: Traffic Conversion Secrets Finally Revealed!
      Article Author: Dan Lok
      Article Copyright: 2005

      Article URL:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/l/traffic-conversion-secrets.shtml

      Article Autoresponder:
      mailto:traffic-conversion-secrets@...

      Author Contact Email:
      mailto:article@...

      Formatted to 65 Characters per Line
      Word Count: 2118 words

      This article was written by Dan Lok.

      The only role of http://thePhantomWriters.com and
      http://Article-Distribution.com is in the actual
      distribution of this article to you.

      At TPW, we are providing an additional free tool for
      webmasters who reprint the articles we distribute. If your
      software does not automatically hyperlink the URL's in your
      site copy, please use our Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool
      to convert all URL's and Mailto addresses to the required
      hyperlinked format:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules

      This is a Free-Reprint article. The only requirements for
      publishing this article are:

      * You must leave the article and resource box unedited. You are
      not allowed to change our recommendations, nor are you allowed
      to change the context of the article.

      * You may not use this article in UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email).
      Email distribution of this article MUST be opt-in email only.

      * We ask that you forward a copy of the ezine or newsletter
      that contains the article inside to the author at:
      mailto:article@...

      * If you post this article on a website, you MUST set any URL's
      or Mailto addresses in the body of the article and most
      especially in the Author's Resource Box as hyperlinks. We
      request that you also send us a copy of the URL where you
      have posted this article.

      We are providing free Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool for
      webmasters who need an easy way to convert the plain text in
      this article to hyperlinks where required, for the purpose of
      meeting our hyperlink requirements:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

      If you find any of the rules to be unsavory or unacceptable, please
      do not publish this article. While we are happy to make the content
      available to you for your own use, we must insist on having our rules
      and *Terms of Reprint* honored in full.

      Traffic Conversion Secrets Finally Revealed!
      Copyright � 2005 Dan Lok
      Website Conversion Expert
      http://www.WebsiteConversionExpert.com

      "Dan, I need your help. The copy on my website sucks. It must.
      Nobody is buying my product..." Or ordering "my ebook"... Or
      signing up for "my course"... Or booking "my services."

      People tell me all the time that their websites "doesn't
      convert."

      (Not sure what "conversion" is? It's that "magical"
      transformation that turns a site visitor into a product/service
      buyer)

      If you're a website owner who's unhappy with the business your
      Internet presence is generating, I wouldn't be surprised if you
      think your copy is the culprit, too. A lot of people think that
      if there's a problem with conversion that the sales copy must be
      at fault.

      This is WRONG THINKING...and potentially fatal to your website's
      success.

      Don�t misunderstand me... My business is copywriting. It's my
      bread and butter. (Also my caviar and champagne!) I come from a
      traditional sales and marketing background where the emphasis is
      on "words that sell."

      The world's most brilliant sales letter for the world's most
      incredible product won't necessarily generate the through-the-
      roof results you might expect. The truth is that turning a casual
      site visitor into a "here's my credit card take whatever you
      want" buyer takes MUCH MORE than just effective copywriting.

      Converting prospects into clients and customers takes more than a
      super headline... More than a list of "what's in it for you"...
      More than an ironclad guarantee and more than a page of
      testimonials from celebrities and authorities.

      This isn't a war that will be won with words. You need
      more...much more.

      If you think of your website as a high-powered sports car, your
      sales letter is the engine. But as any racer on the NASCAR
      circuit will tell you, without the right fuel and other essential
      components, an engine can't run smoothly and a car will never be
      first to the checkered flag.

      I don�t care if you have the most powerful "engine" in the
      world...the greatest sales letter ever written. If you're not
      taking advantage of technology and leveraging human psychology in
      your sales and marketing efforts, you're simply out of the race.

      I usually wear my copywriter's "hat" when I do the rant and load
      you up with lots of ideas for creating great sales messages. The
      how's and why's...the do's and don'ts... the nuts and bolts.

      But this time around, I don't want to focus on the engine.
      Instead, we're going to make a "pit stop" to look under the hood
      of "killer" websites and talk about everything that's working to
      power their success.

      Conversion Secret #1 - Less Can Be More (Why the QUALITY of Your
      Traffic is More Important than the Quantity)

      The number of people that visit your website is meaningless if
      they don't buy anything when they're there. You can have ten
      thousand people hitting your site a month, but if they're looking
      for camping equipment and you're selling baby strollers, you're
      not going to convert a single visitor.

      And if you're paying per click, this will kill you. Your
      marketing dollars are going up in smoke.

      On the other hand, you can have less traffic, but if they�re
      targeted, you�ll have a very high conversion rate. If your baby
      stroller site has a banner ad at a baby formula store, chances
      are the people who click through will be more likely to buy from
      you.

      Here's something you MUST keep in mind: "more likely to buy"
      doesn't mean that they will buy. That�s why tracking your traffic
      is so important. You have to know exactly where your traffic is
      coming from.

      Are they from Per-Pay-Click? Are they from affiliates? Are they
      from offline marketing? What percentage is from what promotion?
      Unless you know the answers, you can't build on your success.

      You can't improve something you can't measure.� W. Edwards
      Deming, management expert.

      A steady flow of QUALITY traffic and information about where it
      comes from will affect your conversion rate just as much as the
      quality of your sales message.

      Conversion Secret #2 � Don't Let A Good Answer Get Away (Exit
      Poll)

      No one expects a 100% conversion rate, of course. You may dream
      about it, but, depending on what you�re selling, if you're
      getting a 2-3% conversion, that's pretty damn good.

      Okay, you're not converting 97% of the people that come to your
      site... But does that mean that their visit has to go into the
      "lost cause" column? No way!

      If you paid to have those people visit, you can't just let them
      get away! You need to get some kind of return on your investment.
      Why not do an exit pop-up survey, asking them why they�re not
      buying?

      Want to really get a visitor's attention. Use an audio pop-up.
      When people leave your site you can have a pop-up with an audio
      portion like this:

      �Wait, before you go, could you please help me out? I'm not
      trying to sell you anything, I just need some information. Could
      you tell me the single biggest reason that you�re not giving us a
      try today? What�s the ONE reason that�s stopping you from
      purchasing (my product name)? Just fill out the box below and
      click on the submit button. Your opinion matters to me..�

      Boom! You've just created your own "consumer feedback forum" and
      you haven't spent a penny on some high-priced focus groups. Once
      you get a bunch of responses to your exit poll, you'll be able to
      identify patterns in what people say. Use what you learn to make
      the changes that you know for certain will bump up your
      conversion rate.

      Success and failure shouldn't be based on guesswork or
      assumptions. It doesn't matter what you think is the reason
      people aren't buying. It doesn't matter what I think is the
      reason people aren't buying.

      The only thing that matters is what your customers think...that's
      the "pulse" of the marketplace and the lifeblood of your future
      business. And with an exit survey, your customers will tell you
      what you need to do in order to convince them to buy your
      product!

      People consider me a marketing wizard because I'm so good at
      market research. Well, I may be a "wizard," but I'm not a genius,
      and I certainly didn't earn my Ph.D in marketing. That's because
      you don't have to be marketing genius to get your finger on the
      pulse of your industry.

      Here's the secret: I am not the marketing wizard. You�re not the
      marketing wizard. Your CUSTOMER is the marketing wizard.

      All you have to do to learn the "mysteries" of more sales is ASK
      your customers... And make sure you ask the people who decided
      not to be your customers, too.

      Just ask and they�ll tell you. Then take what you've learned,
      incorporate it into your sales message, and watch the "no sales"
      turn into "sales" so fast that you'll get a speeding ticket for
      all that fast-moving, fast-buying traffic!

      Conversion Secret #3 � Take a Tip from the Tortoise (slow and
      steady wins the race)

      Far too many Internet marketers try to close the sale with one
      step. Are you one of them?

      Do you run an ad in some ezines, post a couple of Pay-Per-Click
      ads, then sit back, relax and wait to enjoy "the show"? Do you
      assume that people will notice the ad, read the ad, get excited
      by the ad, go to your site, read your sales pitch, pull out their
      credit cards and buy from you?

      Do you expect to accomplish all that with ONE STEP? Give me a
      break. What are you thinking?

      That's like you�re trying to have sex on the first date.

      You might get away with it. (You might get some sales and be
      profitable) But chances are, without a little coaxing from you at
      every step in the process, you'll be going home alone.

      Take it slow, will ya?

      Show some class. Have some manners. Get to know each other. Share
      some stories. Make a connection. Develop a relationship before
      you try to close the �deal�. People buy from people they trust.
      So you�ll make a lot more sales if you take the time to develop a
      solid relationship.

      How do you convince website visitors that you're one of the
      "white hats"? Start building that relationship. One way is by
      giving more than you get.

      Give them a free report. Give them a free mini-course. Give them
      a free ebook. Give them a free chapter. (Are you getting the idea
      that "free" may be the most important word in relationship-
      building on the Internet?)

      Bribe them and get them to give you their name and email so that
      you can follow up with them using an autoresponder. And don't
      forget to make it simple.

      One easy-to-use option is a hover ad that drops down on your
      visitor�s screen when they visit your site, inviting them to
      "opt-in" to your free offer. Why a hover ad? Testing shows hover
      ad gets more attention than traditional pop-ups.

      A more advanced way...and to some a less "savory," but extremely
      effective way...to capture contact information is to make your
      home page an opt-in request.

      Basically, a visitor can't get to the rest of your site without
      providing contact information. You qualify them before you let
      them read your sales pitch! That�s pretty brilliant if you ask
      me!

      The opt-in doesn�t have to be fancy. And it definitely shouldn't
      be very long. Just a killer headline and some equally killer
      benefits. That�ll do it.

      A good example of this kind of approach in action can be found
      here: http://www.extremewebcopymakeover.com

      Don't blow it! When you follow up with them, you don�t just want
      to pitch them. You want to deliver value in your autoresponder
      messages. Educate them. Teach them something. Then just have a
      little plug at the end.

      Remember I said that people buy from people they trust. If you're
      constantly selling things, then you're a salesperson...and your
      motives are immediately suspect.

      But if you're constantly giving things away, sharing ideas,
      giving more than you're getting, you're a valuable resource...a
      good friend...a trusted advisor. (There's the secret password --
      trust!)

      And the beauty is...what you give away doesn't have to cost you a
      penny.

      Let�s say you�re selling an ebook, you can actually take the
      first 3 chapters of your ebook and turn them into a series of
      autoresonder messages. This is a great way to give them a taste
      of what you�re selling and to prove that you're the "real deal."

      Conversion Secret #4 � Hear Ye, Hear Ye (Audio on the Internet)

      When I talk about copywriting, I often talk about how important
      it is to engage the reader's senses. Make them see with word
      pictures... Make them feel with hot-button language. The more
      senses that are involved, the more likely it is that your
      prospect will be sold.

      Using audio on your site is a sense-sation.

      With audio, you appeal to a completely different sense than the
      average site. The web is full of visual appeal, but with audio,
      you suddenly connect with a visitors ears with a whole new
      component -- a verbal component.

      Your spoken words will strike an emotional chord with visitors
      and connects on a "human" level in an otherwise electronic world.

      And here's something that every website needs: excitement.
      Because it's rare, audio is unusual and attention-getting. It's
      brand new, instead of the "same old, same old."

      (This won't be true forever, of course, but for now, you can take
      advantage of audio's scarcity.)

      Your audio features don�t have to be limited to you. You can also
      use audio testimonials. Instead of just having a written
      testimonial, why not offer a "listen to what this satisfied
      customer" opportunities and add audio testimonials to your sales
      page.

      Don't let your fear of the unknown or a fear of failure hold you
      back. You don�t have to be a techie to utilize and implement
      these technologies. If you've got the will, I'll show you the
      way:

      This is a list of website conversion tools that I use and
      recommend to my clients so that they can add "bells and whistles"
      quickly, easily, and inexpensively.

      http://www.danlokrecommends.com

      Okay, now my secrets are your secrets. The same tricks and
      techniques that I've used to achieve astronomical traffic
      conversion levels are now at your disposal.

      They've been tested and refined and re-tested. They've worked for
      me...and they've worked for my clients (who, by the way, paid me
      a fortune to implement them on their behalf).

      I know they'll work for you. Let me know when they do. I'd like
      to add your success story to an upcoming issue of the Rant.

      Stay Lok-ed and loaded for success,

      Dan Lok

      Dan Lok is known as the "Website Conversion Expert", with a
      proven track record of selling over $17.3 million dollars of
      merchandise and services. Dan has resuscitated copy that was
      previously in "critical condition" and helped his clients to
      double and triple their conversion rates� some as much as 417%!!!
      More than 150 websites have been "Lok-ed" and loaded for Internet
      action. Go to: http://www.WebsiteConversionExpert.com

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      Distribution Date and Time: Tue Mar 1 04:04:09 EST 2005

      For more articles by this author, please visit:

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Dan_Lok