Understanding the Mechanics of Effective Article Marketing and Article Syndication

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2013
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

      Article Title:
      Understanding the Mechanics of Effective Article Marketing and Article Syndication

      Article Description:
      Visit several marketing blogs or marketing forums, and you
      will find dozens of people proclaiming the death of article
      marketing as an effective marketing tool. Before we start
      agreeing with them, consider this...

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2013-08-01 11:00:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2013
      Contact Email: mailto:bill.platt@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/effective-article-marketing-mechanics.shtml#get_code

      Understanding the Mechanics of Effective Article Marketing and Article Syndication
      Copyright (c) 2013 Bill Platt
      Writing Puzzle
      http://WritingPuzzle.com/

      Visit several marketing blogs or marketing forums, and you will
      find dozens of people proclaiming the death of article marketing
      as an effective marketing tool.

      Before we start agreeing with them, consider this...

      Some Food For Thought

      It is human nature to lay the blame for failure on some external
      force, rather than to take responsibility for our own failures.

      For example, I know several people who lost their fortunes in
      real estate, when the real estate market crashed in 2008.

      If you ask them the reason they failed, they will say that fault
      was "the market." If you ask them if you should get into real
      estate now, they will tell you, "absolutely not!"

      Yet, I have other friends who are making a fortune in today's
      real estate market.

      What is the difference between the two groups?

      Simple. The difference is belief and experience. The second group
      of people believes they can make money in today's real estate
      market, and they have the experience to know how to be successful
      in the current real estate market.

      So, I have got to ask... from which of these two groups would you
      want to receive advice about how to make money in real estate?

      Dead, Dead, Dead...

      If you listen to some folks, they will tell you: "Article
      marketing is dead, dead, dead. And, anyone telling you
      differently is wrong, wrong, wrong."

      They say: "Anyone telling you that article marketing works is a
      con, con, con."

      Again I ask you, do you want to take advice from the people who
      have failed, or do you want to collect your advice from those who
      understand how to be successful?

      Belief and Experience...

      I am one of those folks who believe there is still lots of money
      to be made with article marketing and article syndication.

      I believe I can because I have more than a dozen years experience
      doing article marketing and making money from the process. And,
      for the last 10 years, I have been teaching others how they could
      duplicate what I have done.

      Article Marketing Is Not About SEO

      The truth is, if you believe article marketing is about SEO, then
      you are bound to make a number of critical mistakes.

      1. You will mistakenly assume the quality of your content does
      not matter.

      2. You will assume that all that is important is getting your
      article placed on a few dozen websites.

      3. You will assume that success is measured in the number of
      links you gain through the process of article syndication and
      your ranking in Google.

      The common belief since 2005 has been that your article is
      nothing more than the anchor needed to get a link on a
      third-party website -- a link-building tool to help you influence
      your Google rankings.

      The common misconception has been that the content of your
      article does not matter, so long as you are able to get a link to
      your website.

      Those who were heavily invested in the idea of using articles to
      build links to influence Google's search results were dealt a
      serious blow in the February 2011 Google Farmer Update. If you
      want to see how Google slapped the major article directories, you
      should read this article at SEOmoz.

      This update was a major blow to thousands of webmasters, who
      believed the only role for the article was to create one more
      link to their website, and for those who believed that posting
      their articles in article directories was the road to the Google
      promised land.

      Successful Article Marketers Tell a Story That People Want to
      Read

      This article does not look like an SEO article, does it?

      My reward for writing the article is still the link and
      call-to-action in my author's resource box, but I did not write
      this article to improve my search rankings in Google.

      Instead, I wrote this article to find a large audience of people,
      who might be interested in buying those things I sell.

      If I had written a SEO article, no one would have wanted to read
      it.

      But, because I am telling a story you wanted to read, you are
      reading my article right now.

      Do you see how that works?

      To be successful as an article marketer, you need to accomplish a
      few key goals:

      1. Identify who is most likely to buy what you are selling;

      2. Determine what you need to write, to be able to reach your
      target audience;

      3. Tell a story people in your target audience want to read;

      4. Provide enough value to your readers, for other publishers to
      want to share your content with their audiences;

      5. Give enough value to your readers, so they will want to share
      your article with their friends and associates via social media;

      6. Convince your readers by example that they will continue to
      receive real value from you if they click the link in our
      author's resource box;

      7. Provide an effective call-to-action in your author's resource
      box to get more people to visit your websites and consider your
      offers.

      Syndicating Your Articles

      Some people want to believe article syndication is dead. They
      argue publishers want only original content -- content that has
      never been published elsewhere, because Google penalizes
      duplicate content.

      To help dispel this common myth, I found a PLR article titled,
      'How To Make Your Content Go Viral.' Inside that article, I
      found a specific sentence that I did not believe would be used in
      another article. The search phrase used was "one video that went
      viral featured a science professor showing how to light a
      candle" within quotes. To see what I found, use this Let Me
      Google That For You shortcut.

      As of this writing, that particular search query returns 87
      results. Google is literally finding dozens of copies of the same
      article in 2013 and showing those results in a search query.

      There are two types of online publishers. The first relies on
      Google to deliver its audience. The second type of publisher
      already has its own audience, and he or she is focused on giving
      his or her audience the kind of content that will keep readers
      happy and coming back for more awesome content.

      When I create articles for syndication, I do not worry about
      showing my article to publishers who are waiting for Google to
      maybe deliver an audience some day. Instead, I focus on creating
      content for publishers who already have a large audience, now.

      That means I must deliver awesome value to the reader within my
      articles so the publisher can deliver awesome value to its
      audience.

      When I do this part well, I am always successful with article
      marketing.

      Article Directories Are Simply a Means to an End

      When I syndicate my articles, I have a strategy in place that I
      always follow.

      1. Submit my article to article directories and article
      distribution mailing lists;

      2. After a couple weeks, I check Google and my server logs to
      discover who may have republished my article;

      3. I contact publishers who have published my articles, and I ask
      them if it would be OK with them if I e-mailed them directly when
      I have new articles available;

      4. If publishers agree to let me mail my articles to them, I ask
      them to tell me exactly what kinds of content they want to
      receive from me;

      5. I record their e-mail address in a private database (you can
      substitute a Word document). I also make a note of what kind of
      content they want from me.

      When my next article is ready for syndication, I submit it to
      article directories, article distribution mailing lists and the
      publishers who have requested for me to send them the type of
      content I have just created.

      The only thing stopping you from doing exactly what I do is a
      little bit of extra effort on your part.

      Article Marketing Is Dead Only to Those Who Are Clueless How to
      Use It

      A dozen years after I began to use article marketing as a
      promotion tool for my websites, it still delivers the cheapest,
      most cost-effective, long-term and targeted traffic that I can
      bring to my websites. Some of my articles are still delivering
      traffic 10 years after I wrote them.

      Is article marketing really dead? It depends entirely upon whose
      advice you heed...

      You can become a better writer, with the right training. If you are
      looking to improve your writing skills or learn how to better market
      your writing projects, visit Bill Platt's website to see how he can
      help you: http://PlattPublishing.com/ If you are looking to buy or
      sell writing services, check out Bill's Freelance Writer Marketplace
      at: http://FreelanceWritersReview.com/

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/effective-article-marketing-mechanics.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      bill.platt@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:bill.platt@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at: