Cutting Through The Information Overload: Grab Your Readers' Attention With a Great Title

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2013
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

      Article Title:
      Cutting Through The Information Overload: Grab Your Readers' Attention With a Great Title

      Article Description:
      As avid readers, we have trained our brains to scan the
      headlines looking for something that might suit our
      desires... This article will give you a solid understanding
      of how to grab your readers by the eyeballs and get them to
      open and read your articles...

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2013-07-03 13:00:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2011-2013
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      Bill Platt's Picture URL:
      http://www.thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt-2006.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/information-overload.shtml#get_code

      Cutting Through The Information Overload: Grab Your Readers' Attention With a Great Title
      Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Bill Platt
      Writing Puzzle
      http://WritingPuzzle.com/

      As avid readers, we have trained our brains to scan the headlines
      looking for something that might suit our desires... This article
      will give you a solid understanding of how to grab your readers
      by the eyeballs and get them to open and read your articles...

      You Have Only a Split-Second To Make A Good First Impression

      Think about how you browse the Internet, and you will know this
      to be true. We scan the titles / headlines, looking for something
      to pop off the page...

      When something reaches up and grabs us by the eyeballs, we take a
      closer look...

      We look at the title with a greater attention to detail, and if a
      description is available, we will look at the description to see
      if it agrees with the title enough to merit our continued
      interest.

      The decision to look at a title with more attention is usually
      made within a split-second. The decision to open the article is
      usually made in ten seconds or less.

      Keywords in a Title Help

      There are certain keywords that when seen in a title will be the
      trigger someone to look closer at the article title.

      Contrary to what you may have heard elsewhere, it is not always
      necessary for your target keywords to be in the front part of the
      title.

      Your keywords only need to be "in the title" somewhere, in
      order to attract the readers' eyeballs to your title.

      The title should be constructed to build curiosity in the article
      and to lead the reader to make a decision to open and read the
      article.

      Let me reiterate this point, because it is that important. The
      purpose of the title is to get the article opened, and the
      inclusion of keywords in the title is to attract eyeballs to the
      title.

      Let The Article Description Build On The Progress Made With The
      Title

      In some cases, your article title will be accompanied by an
      article description, but not always.

      Your article description should be constructed to create even
      more interest in the article by giving some additional details
      about what can be expected to be found within the article itself.

      Often times, the first paragraph of the article is used as the
      article description.

      If both are the same, that is fine. But if both the article
      description and the first paragraph of the article are different,
      then both should be constructed with the same goal in mind. Both
      should be constructed to build more interest in the article, to
      ensure that the reader makes a decision to keep reading.

      The Goal Is To Get Someone To Your Resource Box To Take An Action

      As article writers, our goal is always to get the reader to our
      articles' Resource Box to get them to take the actions we want
      them to take.

      But there are many hurdles that we must overcome, before the
      reader can take the action we want them to take.

      We must get our articles into a location where people are likely
      to find them.

      An article that never gets opened, never gets read.

      An article that does not hold the readers' attention until the
      end of the article will fail to deliver on its intended goal of
      getting the reader to the resource box.

      A closing paragraph or resource box that tells the reader that
      they have come to the end of the article, before the reader has
      been presented with a call-to-action is also an article that
      fails to achieve its real potential.

      And a resource box that does not get read is a resource box that
      missed the mark.

      After all that could have gone wrong in the process of the
      article, the writer faces one more challenge that is often more
      difficult than all other challenges to overcome...

      Writers Must Be Able To Overcome Writers' Block and Get The
      Article Written

      I'd be lying if I said that I never experienced writers' block,
      even after having written thousands of articles in the last
      decade.

      2009 was a turning point for me as a writer.

      That was when I discovered an awesome method of increasing my
      writing speed reliably and consistently.

      To be honest, when I had my revelation, I was able to cut my
      average writing time from around two hours to just under 20
      minutes.

      My new article writing strategy begins with good research. If you
      get my 20-Minute Article report, I will teach you how to do your
      research and organize that research in such a way that you will
      be able to write most of your articles in less than 20 minutes as
      well, without having to sacrifice the good quality content that
      you need to attract readers and keep them on your article until
      they have seen your call-to-action.

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/information-overload.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at: