When Commitment Seems A Bit Too Much Trouble

  • Lance Metzger
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

      Article Title:
      When Commitment Seems A Bit Too Much Trouble

      Article Description:
      The nuclear family (man and wife, plus 2.2 kids) is a
      fantasy that some people want to chase, and while there is
      nothing wrong with that, it is not the right relationship
      dynamic for some people.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2013-04-17 13:00:00

      Written By: Lance Metzger
      Copyright: 2011-2013
      Contact Email: mailto:lance.metzger@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Lance Metzger, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/lance-metzger.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/dating-without-commitment.shtml#get_code

      When Commitment Seems A Bit Too Much Trouble
      Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Lance Metzger
      NSA Dating Site
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com

      The nuclear family (man and wife, plus 2.2 kids) is a fantasy
      that some people want to chase, and while there is nothing wrong
      with that, it is not the right relationship dynamic for some
      people.

      Divorced And Living Together

      My mother divorced my dad in 1985. He remarried in 2000, but she
      remains unmarried to this day.

      That is not to say that she is alone... In fact, she has been
      living with the same fellow since 1989.

      If you ask her "when" she plans to marry, she will hurl a load
      of angry words in your direction.

      But, if you ask her "why" she is not yet married, she will tell
      you in no uncertain terms that she will never marry again, and
      definitely not to the jerk she is with now. LOL

      Her "why" is simple. You "cannot trust a man to keep his word
      about anything." LOL again.

      If you ask me, it has nothing to do with whether the men in her
      life keep their word about anything. Instead, by staying
      unmarried, she is keeping her life simple. And if she and
      whomever she is with decide to break the relationship bond, then
      not having to get a divorce makes the process much easier and
      without complications.

      I don't usually share personal stories about my family with my
      readers, but in this case, I made an exception.

      I made an exception in this case for two reasons: you probably
      will never meet my mother or be able to track her down, AND her
      story perfectly demonstrates how relationships can be more
      complicated than they appear on the surface.

      Divorced and Living Apart, But Still Dating

      There is another couple I know, whose kids I went to school with
      when I was younger. I have always got on well with them, and we
      kept in touch after I grew up.

      In their case, they divorced about the same time my parents
      divorced -- over 25 years ago.

      But every time I see them, they are together, on a date.

      One day, curiosity got the best of me. I asked them why they
      still keep different homes if every time I see them they are
      together. She laughed at my question.

      The two of them explained that while they enjoy the company of
      the other, most of the time, they grate on the other one's
      nerves if they are together too much.

      So after 20 years of marriage, 5 years of dating other people,
      and 20 more years of dating each other, they have come to the
      conclusion that it is best to live in different houses and go on
      several dates a week.

      When they start to tire of the other, they stop seeing each other
      for a little while.

      When they are ready to start dating again, the one who broke it
      off previously will call the other one on the phone.

      After a couple phone calls, they will rekindle their dating
      relationship. And I will begin to see them out on the town
      together for dinner and such again.

      Friends With Benefits

      My sister has a relationship very similar to that of my moms.

      She and her husband ended their marriage after only twelve years.
      I can almost understand the hatred she has for men now, but not
      completely.

      Yeah, her husband was a jerk of super-hero proportions, but I
      could almost understand why he acted in such a vile manner
      because she treated him like yesterday's garbage.

      Nevertheless, that marriage was one that was made in hell. And it
      ended much later than it should have.

      When it all came to its brutal end, he bought tens of thousands
      of dollars of stuff in her name, ruining her credit forever. When
      the judge decided he needed to give her his car as part of the
      settlement, he took out all of the parts necessary for the
      vehicle to operate the vehicle.

      It took my sister six years to gather all of the parts necessary
      to start the vehicle again.

      Can I say vicious?

      My sister decided that she liked intimacy, but she certainly
      wasn't going to let another man ever "tell her what to do."

      For years, she had several "friends" with whom she carried a
      "friends with benefits" relationship.

      After several boyfriends, she finally settled down with one poor
      chap, who she runs through the ringer regularly.

      I cannot tell you how many phone calls I have received, my wife
      and my brother have received, from my sister's current live-in
      boyfriend, with him crying on the other end of the line, because
      my sister is being mean to him and threatening to end the
      relationship.

      All I can tell him is to lay down to take the abuse, grow some
      balls and stand up to her once in a while, or move on to another
      woman who will treat him better. LOL

      In his case, I suspect he was much better off when he had a
      "friends with benefits" relationship with my sister, instead of
      a live-in boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

      The Nuclear Family Is Dead

      I do say that tongue-in-cheek, because my brother does have a
      nuclear-family relationship, with a wife and 3 kids, but he is
      the only one left in our family who does.

      As far as I am concerned, I am happy to remain a bachelor on the
      prowl.

      Maybe in a few years, I will grow up and accept the standard
      definition of a relationship as a relationship I want in my own
      life. But I am almost 40. Sometimes I think that if I haven't
      done it yet, I probably never will.

      Just because most people on this earth choose the nuclear-family
      relationship does not mean that it is the perfect relationship
      dynamic for everyone on the planet.

      Let's face it. Commitment is not the perfect solution for
      everyone, and it never will be.

      Lance Metzger writes about relationships, offline and online
      dating. In our minds, "No Strings Attached" simply means,
      "Let's get to know one another before we start making any
      commitments to one another." To explore No Strings Attached
      Dating, please visit the NSA Dating Site at:
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com/
      Consider Lance's new Kindle book, "Making Memories: Creative
      Dating Ideas": http://raintreepublishing.com/creative-dating-ideas/

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/dating-without-commitment.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Lance Metzger can be reached at:
      lance.metzger@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:lance.metzger@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * EzineZone@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Lance Metzger
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com

    • Lance Metzger
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29, 2013
        A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

        Article Title:
        When Commitment Seems A Bit Too Much Trouble

        Article Description:
        The nuclear family (man and wife, plus 2.2 kids) is a
        fantasy that some people want to chase, and while there is
        nothing wrong with that, it is not the right relationship
        dynamic for some people.

        Additional Article Information:
        ===============================

        Distribution Date and Time: 2013-08-29 12:00:00

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2013
          A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

          Article Title:
          When Commitment Seems A Bit Too Much Trouble

          Article Description:
          The nuclear family (man and wife, plus 2.2 kids) is a
          fantasy that some people want to chase, and while there is
          nothing wrong with that, it is not the right relationship
          dynamic for some people.

          Additional Article Information:

          Distribution Date and Time: 2013-11-05 11:00:00