The Online Dating Double Standard: How Fear Can Prevent Dating Success

  • Lance Metzger
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2013
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

      Article Title:
      The Online Dating Double Standard: How Fear Can Prevent Dating Success

      Article Description:
      Many people go online in search of their elusive soul mate, only
      to find all of the wrong people on the other end of the meeting.
      Many women think that they are alone in this outcome, but it
      happens to guys too.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2013-04-04 13:00:00

      Written By: Lance Metzger
      Copyright: 2008-2013
      Contact Email: mailto:lance.metzger@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Lance Metzger, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/lance-metzger.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/online-dating-double-standard.shtml#get_code

      The Online Dating Double Standard: How Fear Can Prevent Dating Success
      Copyright (c) 2008-2013 Lance Metzger
      NSA Dating Site
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com

      Many people go online in search of their elusive soul mate, only
      to find all of the wrong people on the other end of the meeting.
      Many women think that they are alone in this outcome, but it
      happens to guys too.

      Women have met so many men online, who only seem interested in a
      roll in the hay, that they have built defenses that may stand in
      the way of their ultimate success in dating and lifelong
      happiness. The ladies always tend to believe that they are the
      only ones that get the short end of that stick, but it just is
      not true - it really does happen to guys too.

      My best friend recently re-entered the dating game, after his
      wife of ten years decided that she wanted to play the field
      rather than to stay committed to her husband and her vows. He is
      a good Christian man, who is only looking for the next Mrs.
      Smith. Yet, all of the ladies he has been meeting online are only
      in the game for one thing - a roll in the hay.

      Girls, you are not alone.

      Dating on the Internet is just like dating in real life, with
      only minor differences. In person, one can look into the eyes of
      their potential date to see if there is any real interest. In
      real life, one can read the body language of their potential
      date, to see if the interest is real and the intent is good. But,
      if you were to accept a date with someone met online, then you
      would actually have to agree to that first date in order to get
      that one-on-one to measure the interest and intent of your date.

      Men and women both fool themselves, by believing that they can
      read the person at the other end of the conversation, simply by
      asking questions and reading the written answers. It is not that
      simple, especially if the other end of the conversation is only
      interested in night of passion, because the guy only interested
      in a one-night stand will likely tell you exactly what you want
      to hear. If he is willing to lie to you to get what he wants,
      then he will not be the kind of person you want to meet anyway.

      But, here is the rub. Many people, men and women alike, feel that
      the most effective way to avoid the one-night stand type of date,
      is to demand a commitment of a long-term relationship from the
      person with whom they are speaking.

      Would you commit to buying a car you called about, sight unseen,
      and without having at least looked at or driven the vehicle
      first?

      You certainly wouldn't, would you?

      So, why do you want someone else to commit to a long-term
      relationship, sight unseen, without first meeting that someone?

      Commitment runs two ways. If I were to commit to a long-term
      relationship with someone I had never before met, then I would
      expect the person forcing the commitment to approach the
      relationship with the exact same commitment for me as I had given
      to them. Just as a marriage relationship requires two people to
      work together towards the same ends, any commitment undertaken
      will also require both parties to invest the same care of concern
      for the promise.

      But, the person demanding that kind of commitment before our
      first date is just as likely to find one hundred reasons not to
      go out with me on a second date. It just goes with the territory.

      It is just basic human behavior that assures me of that outcome.
      The person demanding a commitment from me, without having first
      met me, is a person who fears what I might want from them. But,
      when the fear is so strong as to demand an upfront commitment for
      a date, then the fear will most assuredly prevent the date from
      leading to greater things.

      This is the very reason why I choose to only date women who are
      willing to approach a date with "No Strings Attached."

      "No Strings Attached" gives me the liberty to determine if I
      like the person enough to go out with them a second time. And
      "No Strings Attached" gives her the ability to decide on her
      own free will if she will want to go out with me on a second
      date. "No Strings Attached" permits both my date and myself to
      go out on a date, without fear and without pressure to make
      things work.

      With no expectation of a second date assumed, then both my date
      and myself are free to explore one another, to see if there is a
      real future potential for the relationship.

      Ladies. I know that I am looking for a long-term relationship,
      and one day, I might be willing to invite my girlfriend to become
      my wife. "No Strings Attached" should never be viewed, as "I
      only want a roll in the hay." Instead, "No Strings Attached"
      means that I would like to get to know you a bit better, before I
      agree to any kind of long-term or committed relationship with
      you.

      Just as I want the chance to get to know you before I make a
      commitment to you, you should want the same from me.

      Hit me up, if you live in my neck of the woods. I am single, and
      I make a real good living. I am looking for a long-term
      relationship, with the potential of marriage, and I may truly be
      looking for someone exactly like you. But until you can put away
      your fear and agree to go on a date with no strings attached,
      then you and I will never know what could have been.

      Lance Metzger writes about relationships, offline and online
      dating. Our no-strings-attached dating site has become a popular
      online adult dating destination, due to its large membership
      base of people looking for relationships of all kinds. Learn
      more at: http://www.nsadatingsite.com/
      Consider Lance's new Kindle book, "Making Memories: Creative
      Dating Ideas": http://raintreepublishing.com/creative-dating-ideas/

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/online-dating-double-standard.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Lance Metzger can be reached at:
      lance.metzger@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:lance.metzger@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * EzineZone@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Lance Metzger
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com

    • Lance Metzger
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 13, 2013
        A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

        Article Title:
        The Online Dating Double Standard: How Fear Can Prevent Dating Success

        Article Description:
        Many people go online in search of their elusive soul mate, only
        to find all of the wrong people on the other end of the meeting.
        Many women think that they are alone in this outcome, but it
        happens to guys too.

        Additional Article Information:
        ===============================

        Distribution Date and Time: 2013-08-13 12:00:00

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 23, 2013
          A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

          Article Title:
          The Online Dating Double Standard: How Fear Can Prevent Dating Success

          Article Description:
          Many people go online in search of their elusive soul mate, only
          to find all of the wrong people on the other end of the meeting.
          Many women think that they are alone in this outcome, but it
          happens to guys too.

          Additional Article Information:

          Distribution Date and Time: 2013-10-23 12:00:00