Online Dating Is A Difficult Process That Offers Some Rewards

  • Lance Metzger
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

      Article Title:
      Online Dating Is A Difficult Process That Offers Some Rewards

      Article Description:
      Online dating can be rewarding to those who have the patience and
      the knowledge of what to expect during the process. This article
      explains the common process experienced by most internet dating
      website users.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2013-04-03 12:00:00

      Written By: Lance Metzger
      Copyright: 2009-2013
      Contact Email: mailto:lance.metzger@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Lance Metzger, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/lance-metzger.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/online-dating-rewards.shtml#get_code

      Online Dating Is A Difficult Process That Offers Some Rewards
      Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Lance Metzger
      NSA Dating Site
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com

      Many people who are on the dating scene turn to the online dating
      websites to find new friends and lovers. But that road is a hard
      one that can occasionally bring those with great patience - great
      rewards.

      Beyond everything else, patience is required of anyone who is
      pursuing friends, lovers or mates in the real world and online.
      When I do the dating thing in the real world, I find several
      opportunities to talk to the person in whom I am interested. Then
      after a few meets, I pop the big question, asking for a date.
      Then date night comes along and it may work, and it may not, but
      more frequently all seems well early, only to fall apart at a
      later date.

      Folks, online dating comes with all the same pitfalls as offline
      dating. You advertise yourself, you find people whom you may be
      interested, you try to talk it up, and then the first date comes.
      That first date may work and it may not.

      In the end, online dating is much the same as offline dating,
      with a few more benefits and pitfalls thrown in to frustrate the
      person seeking a date.

      The Differences Between The Online And Offline Experience

      The biggest difference between the online and offline dating
      experience is a benefit that comes from it.

      Benefits Of Online Dating

      With online dating, you get to be introduced to people with whom
      you may have never had the opportunity to meet in person -
      usually due to different lifestyles and different locations.

      With online dating, you also have the ability to sort through the
      profiles of hundreds or thousands of people to narrow your list
      to your best matches more quickly.

      Shortcomings Of Online Dating

      When you meet someone you like in person and you say hi, he or
      she will usually say hi back. For every 20 emails sent out, as
      few as 2 or 3 may respond back.

      Some online daters have defined this as the difference between
      "talkers" and "doers". Many point out that most people online
      only want to talk about meeting, but when it comes down to it,
      they will be unwilling to take the "action" step.

      This actually happens in one of two ways. First is when you send
      out an email and no one ever responds. The second is when you
      actually set up a date, only to be stood up.

      Let's be honest about why this happens.

      So many people have heard horror stories about people who have
      met strangers online, only to have the meet go horribly bad. Yes,
      the criminal element hangs out online as well as at the local
      mall.

      Ladies fear the criminal predators, and the guys should fear the
      fake profile predators who are always working towards asking for
      money to be sent for a needed emergency expense.

      The one time I ran into the fake profile predator, I should have
      known when she could not talk intelligently about her hometown. I
      knew the gig was up when she started professing her love after
      only a few conversations. And the gig was finally up, when this
      woman who supposedly made about three times as much money as
      myself needed help to pay for her babysitter in some far off
      state.

      The trick to ensuring your safety is to always make your first
      date in a public place. That way, if things go badly on that
      first date, then you can seek assistance from other people if
      necessary. You can even ask the cashier to call the police out to
      help escort you to your car.

      Unfortunately, many people go so far as to set up a date in a
      public place, but when the scheduled date time arrives, they
      simply do not show up. Many of the people who got stood up were
      good, honest people, but the person who stood them up will never
      be able to find that out, because they never met the person whom
      they agreed to meet for that first date.

      Fear Is The Greatest Demotivator

      When dating online, the opportunities are available for some
      great people to meet and get together, but too often, people let
      the fear of contact stand in the way of letting people come
      together. The fear of responding to an email is the greatest
      threat to the successful fulfillment of one's relationship
      desires, but also the fear of actually meeting someone in person
      will prevent even people who have chatted online for a long time
      from coming together.

      I am always amazed when I think back to my friend Lisa, who
      chatted with a guy online for more than one year, before the two
      of them met. And then they dated for several months when he moved
      to her hometown. They are still married eight years later. With
      so many things that could go wrong in the online dating
      experience, it is nice to know that there are success stories
      that we can share.

      Lance Metzger writes about relationships, offline and online
      dating. Our no-strings-attached dating site has become a popular
      online adult dating destination, due to its large membership
      base of people looking for relationships of all kinds. Learn
      more at: http://www.nsadatingsite.com/
      Consider Lance's new Kindle book, "Making Memories: Creative
      Dating Ideas": http://raintreepublishing.com/creative-dating-ideas/

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/m/online-dating-rewards.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Lance Metzger can be reached at:
      lance.metzger@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:lance.metzger@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * EzineZone@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Lance Metzger
      http://www.nsadatingsite.com

    • Lance Metzger
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7, 2013
        A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

        Article Title:
        Online Dating Is A Difficult Process That Offers Some Rewards

        Article Description:
        Online dating can be rewarding to those who have the patience and
        the knowledge of what to expect during the process. This article
        explains the common process experienced by most internet dating
        website users.

        Additional Article Information:
        ===============================

        Distribution Date and Time: 2013-08-07 11:00:00

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 17, 2013
          A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Lance Metzger

          Article Title:
          Online Dating Is A Difficult Process That Offers Some Rewards

          Article Description:
          Online dating can be rewarding to those who have the patience and
          the knowledge of what to expect during the process. This article
          explains the common process experienced by most internet dating
          website users.

          Additional Article Information:

          Distribution Date and Time: 2013-10-17 12:00:00