It's Not Brain Surgery, It's Just An Online Home Based Business

  • articleskb2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      This article is freely available for reprint provided that the
      resource box at the end of the article is left intact and the
      article is published complete and unaltered. If you are using
      this article on a website or e-book, please make sure that the
      link in the resource box is live or clickable.

      It's Not Brain Surgery, It's Just An Online Home Based Business

      By Kirk Bannerman

      Back when I first started my online home business I didn't have
      a clue concerning how to go about it. I had never done any
      Internet marketing, and didn't know anything about websites or
      search engines or any of that other online business stuff...in
      short, I was a complete rookie. In retrospect, the two major
      things that really helped me was that I refused to be intimidated
      and I kept a realistic perspective (both in terms of initial
      financial results and the time frame necessary to become
      successful).

      I know from my own years of experience that relatively few
      business ventures are started on the Internet by people with
      the experience, motivation, determination, backing, and support
      that it takes to even have a reasonable chance of success.

      Real online business people are those who work hard, who immerse
      themselves deeply in marketing and advertising, and who put in
      long hours in the beginning in order to see their Internet-based
      businesses succeed.

      Achieving success in an online business is not difficult to
      comprehend. There is indeed a learning curve, but it's not brain
      surgery. The process of learning isn't as much the issue as are
      the personal traits of motivation and determination.

      Develop your marketing plan and execute it. There's no magic in
      this online home based business stuff. We're talking real world
      here. It's not nearly as romantic as winning the lottery, yet
      many of the thousands of people I have helped to start up their
      home businesses on the Internet clearly came in with what I have
      come to refer to as the "magic/lottery" mentality. Many of those
      folks went off to chase another rainbow after a few months, but
      some of them also came to their senses and buckled down to
      develop very successful home based businesses.

      Run, don't walk, away from all of those people that offer you
      "shortcuts" or "success secrets" (probably in exchange for some
      of your money). I mean, if they had it all figured out, why
      would they sell this "magic answer" to you for a few bucks
      instead of just keeping it private and then making tons of
      money for themselves? (I'll leave it to you to connect the dots)

      A key point to always keep in mind is that...business is
      business. Regardless of whether you are on the Internet or
      operating a business in a shopping mall. The same
      fundamental principles apply to both businesses.

      1) You need to have a product, or products, to sell.

      2) You need to advertise to get customers to buy your
      products.

      3) You need to provide support to your customers who buy
      your products as a result of your advertising efforts.

      4) You need to build a loyal customer following, so you can
      maintain a profitable business over a period of time.

      Many people fall into the trap of believing that because
      they are doing business on the Internet, some of these steps
      can either be skipped or they need to overemphasize one area
      or another.

      The bottom line regarding an online business is that you will
      need to advertise and you will need to take care of your
      customers.

      Run your online home business just like a real company
      because it is, in fact, a real business and you have a real
      opportunity to either be successful or to fail. The primary
      difference between an online business and a traditional
      business is location (no traditional "storefront"). Nearly
      everything else is essentially the same. You have products
      and your objective is to sell those products to people who
      want/need your products.

      Remember, building a business takes time, determination,
      and patience. Far too many people seem to think that the
      traffic is just going to pour in once they have put up their
      own website on the Internet. As anyone who has had a website
      for a while knows...this simply is not true, but it is often
      the reason people get frustrated and quit. The fact of the
      matter is that you need to diligently promote/advertise your
      website in order for your online home based business to
      flourish and prosper.

      One of the most important bits of advice that I can pass on to
      you is that you must be patient. Most people start their online
      home business with great enthusiasm and high expectations. Often,
      after a few months, they become disappointed and frustrated
      because they are not already making a large amount of money.

      These impatient home business entrepreneurs then often start to
      jump from one program to another every few months (never allowing
      themselves enough time to succeed at any of them) and, finally,
      throw up their hands in frustration and declare that they just
      can't make money online.

      Stick with your business and don't give up. Dogged persistence
      (much like the tenacity of a pit bull) is an absolutely vital key
      to your eventual success. Don't give up when things become
      frustrating and you are not achieving the immediate success you
      expected. Give your online home based business sufficient time to
      develop and you realize the success you are seeking.

      There is nothing magical about running an online home based
      business. It should be run the same as any traditional "bricks
      and mortar" business and it will succeed or fail depending on
      the time and effort you put into it.

      There are many very ordinary people working at home and making a
      very good living on the Internet, will you be the next one?

      Kirk Bannerman operates a successful home based business and
      coaches others seeking to start their own home based business.
      Visit his website at <a href=http://www.business-at-home.us>
      Legitimate Home Based Business</a> for more details.