Mix Up Your Content to Drive More Traffic

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      Title: Mix Up Your Content to Drive More Traffic
      Author: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2003

      Article Originally Written: December, 2003

      Article URL:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/w/p/content_mix.shtml

      Article Autoresponder:
      mailto:content_mix@...

      Author Contact Email:
      mailto:bplatt@...

      Formatted to 65 Characters per Line
      Word Count: 376 words

      Publication Rules

      This is a Free-Reprint article. The only requirements for
      publishing this article are:

      * You must leave the resource box unedited.
      Minor editing to the article is permitted.
      * You may not use this article in UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email).
      Email distribution of this article must be opt-in email only.
      * You must forward a copy of the ezine or newsletter that
      contains the article inside to the author at:
      mailto:bplatt@...
      * If you post this article on a website, you must set the
      links up as hyperlinks, and you must send us a copy of
      the URL where the article is posted.

      Mix Up Your Content to Drive More Traffic
      Copyright � 2003, Bill Platt
      Byte-Sized Marketing Tips Ezine
      http://byte-sized-marketing.blogspot.com/

      Utilizing the kind of content that can be obtained on
      free-reprint article directories is a good method of adding a
      wider range of search keywords to your website. By increasing
      the range of keywords on your website, you will find more of
      your own links in the search results of the major spider
      search engines.

      A few of the *free-reprint article directories* I am referencing
      include:

      - http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/
      - http://www.LyonsInternational.com/
      - http://www.MarketingSeek.com/
      - http://www.EbooksnBytes.com/
      - http://www.Family-Content.com/
      - http://www.Zongoo.com/

      In truth, there are thousands of websites using these articles,
      to build the traffic they derive from the spider search engines.

      As one of the people who owns such a directory, I have noticed
      in my tracking logs that interesting keyword combinations can
      be achieved by mixing the actual content on your article pages.

      Here is the deal.

      Each article published may be found on dozens of websites. So,
      even articles that I have written or distributed might be found
      on other domains in the search results ahead of my own domain
      pages. But, when I mix content on the page, I can get ahold of
      keyword phrases that I would not be able to acquire by using
      the article alone.

      An example is that my name appears on every page of my domain
      in the footer information. My name is *Bill.* Appearing on a
      few of the article pages in my article directory is the words
      *sell* or *sale.* I always find it interesting to see how many
      people reach my site by using the keyword phrases *bill of
      sell* or *bill of sale.*

      As a result of these keyword phrases, I manage to generate
      a substantial amount of traffic from people seeking a physical
      copy of a *bill of sale.*

      One more twist on this example is the idea that I could increase
      my traffic another notch by including a real *bill of sale* on
      my website that people can actually download and use. Not only
      could I capture this actual traffic, but also the people who
      came to my site from the search engines would be thrilled at
      having found a printable *bill of sale.* Heck, they might even
      bookmark my website as a resource and link to my site as an
      additional web resource.

      Resource Box:
      Bill Platt owns *Bite-Sized Marketing Tips* which exists as a
      blog and ezine. You have just read a posting from December 2003.
      WEBSITE: http://byte-sized-marketing.blogspot.com/ SUBSCRIBE:
      mailto:byte-sized-marketing-tips-subscribe@yahoogroups.com --->
      Do you write your own articles? Let TPW distribute them to 6000+
      publishers/webmasters: http://thePhantomWriters.com/distribution

      For more articles by this author, please visit:

      http://ThePhantomWriters.com/free_content/w/index.shtml#Bill_Platt