Mommy...Daddy...is there really a Santa Claus?

  • Mark Bulleit
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Article Title: Mommy...Daddy...is there really a Santa Claus?

      * EzineZone@yahoogroups.com

      Contact: Mark Bulleit
      Email: mark@...
      Paid via PayPal on 11/28/2004

      Online version: http://www.greetingsfromsanta.com/LookingForShade/articles/IsThereASanta.htm
      Autoresponder: articles-IsThereASanta@...

      word count: 596
      character width: 60
      resource box: 4 lines + web link to GreetingsFromSanta.com

      Mommy...Daddy...is there really a Santa Claus?

      - by Mark Bulleit

      (c)Mark Bulleit - All rights reserved.

      Is there really a Santa Claus? Any parent who hasn't been
      faced with this question most likely will at some point. But
      how do you answer this? No one wants to crush a child's
      dreams of Santa and holiday magic.

      Some kids, like me, are crushed at school when they hear
      from a classmate that they found all their presents under
      their parents' bed, thus, proving there really is no Santa.
      Then, reasoning sets in, which is about the time they begin
      to wonder why they have been told this fairy tale all this
      time as it was the truth.

      So, is there truly a Santa Claus? Well, if you are in this
      position you will probably be glad to hear that the only
      true answer to this question is...yes, absolutely.

      The name "Santa Claus" came from the Dutch "Sinter Klass"
      pronunciation of St. Nicholas. St. Nicholas was a Christian
      priest, who later became a bishop. He was a wealthy person,
      and traveled the country helping others, giving gifts of
      money and other presents. St. Nicholas chose to remain
      hidden while giving these gifts, so the children were told
      to go to sleep quickly or he would not come!

      One famous story is about a poor man who had no money to
      give to his three daughters on their wedding day. St.
      Nicholas dropped bags of gold into the stockings which the
      girls had left to dry by the fire. Ever since, children have
      hung up stockings on Christmas Eve hoping that they will be
      filled with gifts by Christmas morning.

      According to the Catholics, a saint is one who lived such a
      holy life that, after dying and going to heaven, is still
      able to help people on earth.

      In the 1500's people in England stopped worshipping St.
      Nicholas and favored another gift giving figure Father

      Now, no matter what your religious preference is or if you
      even believe in Saints, doesn't change that St. Nicholas
      represents a selfless act of giving. Rather it be material
      gifts, money where needed or the often most valuable gift of
      a little of your time, it's about the act of helping someone
      else for no other reason then just because they need it.

      As St. Nicholas had figured out as a young man, we truly, as
      adults, begin to understand Santa Claus when we realize that
      the best gift of all is not on the receiving end, but being
      the one giving. And being rich doesn't always mean having a
      lot of money. Often, especially these days, taking the time
      to spend with someone, inviting them over for dinner or even
      putting food on their table, can make all the difference.

      But how do we explain this to a child? Well, we do it in
      stages. They first have to learn how much receiving a gift
      meant to them to understand how much it means to others. And
      Santa Claus, well he is a perception of a truly magical
      holiday spirit presented to them in a way with which they
      can associate at this point in their lives.

      So, how do we, as parents, answer this question in a way our
      young children will understand? You, as a parent, should
      decide when it's time to come clean. You can meter this by
      deciding when you feel they will understand that Santa Claus
      really does exist in all of us and he often means something
      different to each person they'll meet. A child grasping this
      is a big step towards learning what the holidays are truly
      all about.

      Mark Bulleit is the developer/co-founder of the popular
      GreetingsFromSanta.com offering personal letters from Santa.
      Light up your child's face like never before this season.
      Happy holidays from http://www.GreetingsFromSanta.com

      ** Attn Ezine editors / Site owners **
      Feel free to reprint this article in its entirety in your
      ezine or on your site so long as you leave all links in
      place, do not modify the content and include our resource
      box as listed above

      If you use this material please send us a note so we can
      take a look. Thanks.

      Feel free to substitute your affiliate link in place of our
      link in the resource box and earn a commission on every

      Affiliate program details are available at: