1150Brand Your Consulting Brilliance

  • Robert Moment
    Nov 1, 2004
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Robert Moment
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * EzineZone@yahoogroups.com
      *

      Article Title: Brand Your Consulting Brilliance
      Article Author: Robert Moment
      Article Copyright: 2004

      Article URL:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/m/brand-your-brilliance.shtml

      Article Autoresponder:
      mailto:brand-your-brilliance@...

      Author Contact Email:
      mailto:Robert@...

      Formatted to 65 Characters per Line
      Word Count: 757 words

      This article was written by Robert Moment.

      The only role of http://thePhantomWriters.com and
      http://Article-Distribution.com is in the actual
      distribution of this article to you.

      At TPW, we are providing an additional free tool for
      webmasters who reprint the articles we distribute. If your
      software does not automatically hyperlink the URL's in your
      site copy, please use our Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool
      to convert all URL's and Mailto addresses to the required
      hyperlinked format:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules

      This is a Free-Reprint article. The only requirements for
      publishing this article are:

      * You must leave the article and resource box unedited. You are
      not allowed to change our recommendations, nor are you allowed
      to change the context of the article.

      * You may not use this article in UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email).
      Email distribution of this article MUST be opt-in email only.

      * We ask that you forward a copy of the ezine or newsletter
      that contains the article inside to the author at:
      mailto:Robert@...

      * If you post this article on a website, you MUST set any URL's
      or Mailto addresses in the body of the article and most
      especially in the Author's Resource Box as hyperlinks. We
      request that you also send us a copy of the URL where you
      have posted this article.

      We are providing free Text-to-Hyperlink Conversion Tool for
      webmasters who need an easy way to convert the plain text in
      this article to hyperlinks where required, for the purpose of
      meeting our hyperlink requirements:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/link-builder.pl

      If you find any of the rules to be unsavory or unacceptable, please
      do not publish this article. While we are happy to make the content
      available to you for your own use, we must insist on having our rules
      and *Terms of Reprint* honored in full.

      Brand Your Consulting Brilliance
      Copyright � 2004 Robert Moment
      Sell Integrity
      http://www.sellintegrity.com

      Today's competitive marketplace for consulting services is no
      longer responsive to the marketing strategies that worked in
      the past. The services you provide should speak volumes about
      your consulting business. Think about what happens when you
      hear phrases such as "the ultimate driving machine," "don't
      leave home without it," and "just do it." Chances are good that
      you can immediately associate them with BMW, American Express,
      and Nike. These companies have mastered "brand brilliance."
      Brand your consulting brilliance because the future of your
      business depends on it.

      There's an old adage, "Perception is reality." Simply stated,
      the perception of a brand lies in its ability to influence a
      client's behavior. When you have successfully branded your
      business, in the client's eye there is no service in the
      marketplace quite like your service.

      All consulting businesses should have a distinct, sustainable,
      and competitive advantage to differentiate their services from
      the competition. I call this process of identifying your
      advantage "Brand Your Consulting Brilliance."

      Here are six simple steps to brand and differentiate your
      services in the new economy.

      1. Think client focus first.

      The client's reality: Consulting businesses exist to serve
      clients. Develop a client visitation calendar and schedule
      in-person visits. Look the client in the eye and say, "I am
      here to serve you." Follow up and follow through on all client
      related matters in a timely manner.

      Create a client questionnaire so clients can rate the
      performance of your services. You want them to tell you how
      you're doing and what you can do to serve them better. It's
      also a way to discover what challenges they are currently
      facing. Be relentless in your client retention efforts.

      2. Discover a distinct advantage that will set you apart from
      competitors.

      Start by articulating your "unique marketing proposition," a
      statement of all of the qualities and characteristics that set
      your services apart in the marketplace. Analyze your services:
      What skills and services do we provide that are distinctive,
      measurable, and add value? Which of our past successes can we
      leverage in the marketplace? And don't forget to ask colleagues
      what they see as your competitive strengths.

      Communicate these messages reinforcing your unique marketing
      proposition anytime you have an opportunity to write or speak
      about your consulting firm and what you have to offer to
      prospective clients.

      3. Generate publicity.

      What others say about your brand is much more powerful and
      credible than what you can say about it yourself.

      When it comes to branding your consulting brilliance, favorable
      publicity in the media or word of mouth is far superior to
      advertising. So how do you generate the publicity "buzz"? Create
      a buzz about your brand by being visible: speaking at seminars,
      publishing a newsletter on your website, participating as a host
      or guest on television or radio talk shows, writing a column in
      a reputable trade journal, and networking.

      4. Promote a powerful perception of quality in the client's
      mind.

      What is quality if not a perception that resides in the mind
      of the client? You build quality intangibles around trust,
      reliability, excellent people, and innovative client services.
      Show clients that you can interpret and process their
      information to convert it to results oriented solutions. What
      you say is important, but what you do is even more important
      for reinforcing their perception of your brand quality.

      Keep the lines of communication open. The goal of branding your
      consulting brilliance is to convince the client that your brand
      is worth their trust and worth a premium price.

      5. Establish your credentials as an industry leader in the
      field.

      Clients like to know they are doing business with an industry
      leader. Make clients aware of your consulting acumen, presence,
      and commitment. Know your clients' businesses inside out - what
      they do, why they do it, how they do it. Tout your firm's
      successful track record of accomplishment in working with
      companies like theirs.

      Build and sustain credibility with clients by strengthening your
      client relationships, developing a client retention strategy,
      demonstrating that you value your new clients, and going the
      extra mile for them.

      6. Practice consistency in building your consulting brilliance.

      Stay focused on implementing the branding of your consulting
      brilliance. Keep abreast of marketing trends in your profession
      and position yourself as a recognized expert. Make the most of
      your unique marketing proposition. Accelerate and elevate the
      perceived value of your brand in the marketplace.

      In short, to brand your consulting brilliance, know what you
      have to offer, know how to differentiate it, and know how to
      market it.

      Resource Box:
      Robert Moment--Author, Business Coach and Strategist--is the
      Author of best-selling book, "It Only Takes a Moment to Score".
      Founder of The Moment Group, a Small Business Coaching &
      Consulting Firm, Robert helps entrepreneurs harness their
      potential and soar to new heights.
      Contact mailto:Robert@... or visit
      his web site at http://www.sellintegrity.com

      For more articles by this author, please visit:

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Robert_Moment