Re: [ExtensiveReading] easy access for new entrants of extensive reading group

  • Rob Waring
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 25, 2013
      Tom's link was embedded as ercentral.com  even though the link title said er-central.com.  See this image.

      On Sep 26, 2013, at 6:57 AM, Glen Hill <glenahill@...> wrote:

      Strange about that ER Central link. I clicked on it and went to a dead site.

      Then I Googled the correct site. In the URL window, it showed er-central.com (without the http), so I copied that and pasted it into an email to myself. It pasted with the http showing!
      So, I manually wrote it without http and tried clicking on it after I opened the email to myself.

      Result: with or without the http and the last slash, I went to the correct site all the time.

      Weird.
      Glenski

      On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM, <waring_robert@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      For some reason I don"t know why some messages are getting flagged as spam (probably because they contain links). Yahoo has created an 'improved' interface that does not allow me to say a spam message is actually not spam. (If anyone knows how to do this let me know - I emailed Yahoo groups support). I'm trying to work out how I can accept a spam which isn't spam.

      Ron Murphey for example sent this message but it was flagged as spam

      ---------

      Is that ERCentral address correct?  Upon clicking, I get an Arizona real estate website.  I've successfully been to the ERCentral site before, so curious what is going on.

      Ron

      --------

      Ron is correct, Tom's writing of the site is correct  http;//er-central.com   but the link goes to ercentral.com (which is incorrect)

      ---In ExtensiveReading@yahoogroups.com, <extensivereading@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Here are some useful links for those just getting into Extensive Reading:

      --
           ******** Don't miss GLoCALL 2013 in Da Nang *********

      ** Thomas N. Robb, Ph.D., Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan  **
      **                       <trobb@...-su.ac.jp>                                  **
      **           http://www.cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~trobb/index.html            **