GRs in other languages

  • brettetj
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2002
      Does anybody know of any series of graded readers published in
      languages other than English?
    • Beniko Mason
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2002

        I think I do. I just sent an e mail message to a person who is in charge of taking orders. I have not received a reply, so my messge might not have reached her successfully.  They say that they have easy readers in different levels in many other languages such as German and French, Spanish... I saved the address in my computer at work. I will write to you again on Tuesday when I go to work. I might have fotten that info from someone on this listserve before.

        Beniko

        Beniko Mason
        International Buddhist University
        3-2-1 Gakuenmae, Habikino-shi, Osaka 583-8501
        (Phone) 0729-56-3181
        >From: "brettetj"
        >To: ExtensiveReading@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ExtensiveReading] GRs in other languages
        >Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 06:44:20 -0000
        >
        >Does anybody know of any series of graded readers published in
        >languages other than English?

      • Julian Bamford
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2002
          Brett,
          That defunct Japanese graded reader series was already talked about
          on this list, right? Okay, so to Grant & Cutler, "The UK's largest
          foreign-language bookseller."
          (email: <enquiries@...>)
          In their 2001-2002 catalog, they list various graded reader series in
          French, German, Italian, Spanish (an especially large number) and Portugese
          (a few). I expect these are all on their website
          www.grantandcutler.com
          but if not, send me your snailmail address and I'll send you photocopies of
          the relevant pages of the catalog. (The catalog [and website?] is arranged
          alphabetically in each language, so "Readers: Graded/simplified" is between
          'Pronounciation' and 'Vocational/business: Courses.')
          Good hunting!
          Julian
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 18, 2002

            To those who are interested in graded readers in other languages.

            This is the address:

            http://www.easyreader.dk/