Oxford Reading Tree headwords

  • Glenski
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2011
      I have not been able to find the headword counts for ORT books, stages 5 through 7. Oxford says there aren't any because the books are made for native English speakers.

      Does anyone have these counts? I'm trying to fit them into a level scheme for my students. Thanks.
      Glenski
    • Lemmer Richard
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2011
        Glenski,

        It looks like Akio Furukawa's book has Reading Tree word counts for all levels. What titles do you need counts for?

        Richard

        On 4/27/11 1:45 PM, Glenski wrote:

        I have not been able to find the headword counts for ORT books, stages 5 through 7. Oxford says there aren't any because the books are made for native English speakers.

        Does anyone have these counts? I'm trying to fit them into a level scheme for my students. Thanks.
        Glenski

        _

      • Thomas N. Robb
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2011
           We've got ORT stage 5 set to our "Starter Level" equivalent with the Foundation Series Levels 1, 2 & 3.  ORT Stages 6 & 7 are equated with the Sandai "Level 1" along with Foundation Series Levels 4 & 5, Penguin Readers EasyStarts and Cengage Page Turners Level 1.

          --Tom

          --
          ******* Don't miss the First Extensive Reading World Congress *********
                       ******* Kyoto Sangyo University, Kyoto, Japan *********

          ** Thomas N. Robb, Ph.D., Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan  **
          **                       <trobb@...-su.ac.jp>                        **
          **           http://www.cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~trobb/index.html            **
        • Glen Hill