ERJ Seminar Call for Papers

  • stewart_reading@mac.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hello everyone,
          For those of you in Japan or willing to come to Japan, we are looking for presenters for the second annual Extensive Reading in Japan Seminar. There is a lot of interest in ER in Japan now and with Rob Waring as our Keynote speaker we should get a good sized audience.  If you are interested, please check out the call for papers below.

      Daniel Stewart
      JALT ER Special Interest Group Coordinator

      Call for Papers

      Deadline May 18th, 2009 (for July 5th, 2009)

      The organizing committee of the Extensive Reading in Japan Seminar 2009 invites interested extensive reading researchers to submit presentation proposals for the 2nd Annual Extensive Reading in Japan Seminar, which will be held on Sunday, July 5th, 2009 at Kinki Daigaku, in Osaka.

      This conference is co-sponsored by the Extensive Reading SIG, the Osaka Chapter and the Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT).

      The keynote speaker is Rob Waring.

      Proposals are invited for papers (25 minutes including Q and A), and poster sessions (50 minutes).

      Please send:

      (1) an abstract (250 word max.), a title (50 characters maximum) and

      (2) personal information (name, affiliation, contact details)

      The abstract should be sent by e-mail as an attachment in plain text, Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please include your name, institution, phone number, and e-mail address of the main presenter (in case of joint presentations). The subject line should say Submission for ERJ Seminar 2009. Multiple submissions are acceptable but should be sent as separate e-mails. All submissions to be sent to the following e-mail address:

      stewart_reading@...

      by no later than May 18th, 2009.

      For further information, please contact Daniel Stewart (ERJ Seminar 2009 Conference - Submissions Chair) at stewart_reading@...