The MoodleReader module for ER quizzes

  • Tom Robb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
      Happy New Year everyone!

      I'd like announce the MoodleReader Module for Extensive Reading which allows students to take quizzes on the graded readers and other books that they have read through an interface that controls the level of the books that they can read, and which awards points for each successfully passed quiz so that you can set a target goal for their reading over the school term.

      Ready-made, randomized quizzes are available for over 400 books and more are being added regularly.

      Please check out this sample graphic http://moodlereader.org/ReaderStudentScreen-Top.jpg  that shows a sample "stamp collection" along with a text-based student record. My submission to the JALTCALL proceedings that outlines the results for the Spring 2008 term with 200 students is available at: http://moodlereader.org/ReaderQuizModule-JALTCALL.pdf. For a fuller explanation, please view the 9-minute YouTube.com video that I have made at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBn2HIgBy50

      The Moodle installation code and other materials are available at http://moodlereader.org . You can log in as a guest to access the information. Please contact me at tom@... if you would like teacher access so that you can try out the module yourself.

      Please feel free to discuss the module on this list, or if you prefer, you can e-mail me directly.

      Cheers,
      Tom Robb
      Kyoto Sangyo University
    • Chris Lima
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2009
        Hi Tom
        May I have access to the moodle reader, Please?
        Cheers- Chris

        The Moodle installation code and other materials are available at http://moodlereader ..org . You can log in as a guest to access the information. Please contact me at tom@tomrobb. com if you would like teacher access so that you can try out the module yourself.

        Please feel free to discuss the module on this list, or if you prefer, you can e-mail me directly.

        Cheers,
        Tom Robb
        Kyoto Sangyo University

      • Thomas N. Robb
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2009
          Sure..  Use "readerlook" for both the username and password.  http://moodlereader.org/moodle

          I'll get to your other emails a bit later!

          Cheers,
            Tom

          --
          ******* Don't miss GLoCALL 2009  in Chiang Mai, Thailand!  *********
          ************** Dec, 8-10, 2009  http://glocall.org ******************

          ** Thomas N. Robb, Ph.D., Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan  **
          **                       <trobb@...-su.ac.jp>                        **
          **           http://www.cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~trobb/index.html            **