RE: [ExtensiveReading] Vocab Test

  • Grant Dykes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2008
      Hello

      I am interested in what tests people are using for measuring vocab improvement through ER - particularly interested in any pretest / post test - low ability secondary (11-13 yr olds - Chinese -HK).

      How effective is the Burt / Schonell for giving a basic reading age for L2 learners - have found it quite accurate for L1? It has to be administered indiv of course -

      We have students now involved in ER but we want some measure of improvement - a number  areas we could test (writing) but believe that vocab is probably the most useful and easiest to test. Did try Nation but the post test was no admin under same conditions as pre so results not reliable.

      Look forward to any comments anyone may have paricularly of tests I am actually able to get hold of and use. I have purchased 1 of the EPER tests (close) to try for the comimg year.

      thx

      Grant Dykes (HK)

      Click here Buy, rent, invest property online today.