Listening Component

  • veefeph
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11, 2008
      I was wondering if any junior or senior high schools have added a
      listening component to their ER Program. If so, how are you managing
      it? Is it in a listening lab or in a regular classroom with portable
      CD or MP3 players?

      Thank you for your help.

      Ann
    • jeremytaylorreaderwriter
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2008
        --- In ExtensiveReading@yahoogroups.com, "veefeph" <ann@...> wrote:

        > I was wondering if any junior or senior high schools have added a
        > listening component to their ER Program. If so, how are you managing
        > it? Is it in a listening lab or in a regular classroom with portable
        > CD or MP3 players?

        One of the publishers I work with now produces a CD ROM to go will all
        its readers. I think it makes more sense to offer at least part of the
        book as an MP3 so that students can listen to it on their mp3 players.
        The association between the sound of a word and how it is written is
        vague at the best of times in English so listening and reading at the
        same time is definitely to be encouraged. A well made MP3 could also
        bring the story to life and act as a glossary with sounds effects to
        aid the listener.
        Jeremy www.jeremytaylor.eu
      • stewart_reading@mac.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2008
          Hi Ann,
          We let high school students take CDs home. Each time we buy a new
          book that comes with a CD I burn ONE copy of it and then put the
          original away for safe keeping. I then put the book and CD copy into a
          plastic ziplock baggy and the students can sign them out. That way you
          can keep them together as a set. If a CD copy gets scratched or
          broken, I throw it away and burn a new copy from the original. We do
          not listen to them in class.

          Daniel
          On 2008/04/11, at 17:45, veefeph wrote:

          > I was wondering if any junior or senior high schools have added a
          > listening component to their ER Program. If so, how are you managing
          > it? Is it in a listening lab or in a regular classroom with portable
          > CD or MP3 players?
          >
          > Thank you for your help.
          >
          > Ann

        • Akio FURUKAWA
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 11, 2008
            Dear Ann,

            We strongly advise our junior high school students
            to read the books listening to CDs in our ER class.
            As for junior high school grade 1 students,
            they read from 10 to 30 easy books listening CDs
            for 60 minutes.

            We let our students take CDs home as well.

            Akio
            SEG

            At 08:45 08/04/11 +0000, veefeph wrote:
            >I was wondering if any junior or senior high schools have added a
            >listening component to their ER Program. If so, how are you managing
            >it? Is it in a listening lab or in a regular classroom with portable
            >CD or MP3 players?
            >
            >Thank you for your help.
            >
            >Ann

          • wusufang1219
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 11, 2008
              Dear Ann,
                 Normaly, I will ask some pre-reading, while-reading and post-reading questions to the students, so i can monitor their understanding.
              Camila

              主 旨: [ExtensiveReading] Listening Component

              I was wondering if any junior or senior high schools have added a
              listening component to their ER Program. If so, how are you managing
              it? Is it in a listening lab or in a regular classroom with portable
              CD or MP3 players?

              Thank you for your help.

              Ann

              付費才容量無上限?Yahoo!奇摩電子信箱2.0免費給你,信件永遠不必刪! - 馬上體驗