[ExtensiveReading] Bookguide

  • Julian Bamford
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      Back in June, I wrote on this list about a new edition of a Japanese
      guide that lists (in English) 12,000 titles suitable for English
      learners--both graded readers and children's and young adult
      literature, with some adult titles, too. Each title is given a reading
      level, quality level and ISBN number, so it is highly useful for
      grading or assembling a library of books.

      John Paul Loucky asked: Where can one get the new Eigo Kanzen Bookguide
      and how much is it?

      I promised to post the ISBN and price on this list when I got my copy.
      I now have it so here is the information:

      Title: Eigo Tadoku Kanzen Bookguide (2nd edition)
      Publisher: Cosmopier
      ISBN 978-4-902091-50-2
      Price: 2600 yen (around 22 US dollars; 11 pounds sterling)

      If you have an Amazon account, you can buy it from Amazon.jp. The
      Amazon address for the book is

      http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/490209150X/
      ref=dp_change_lang/503-2161258-6862331?ie=UTF8&language=en%5FJP

      It's a long link probably with a line break imposed by this email. Make
      sure there's no break when you paste it into your browser.

      The cover is in Japanese, but there is the figure "1000" in the top
      left corner, and a large "2" in a red circle near the top right of the
      cover.

      Best wishes,
      Julian
    • graham paterson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007

        A follow up from Julian's post to advise anyone interested that a new set of books have recently been published in Beijing.

        This is a very good series written by teachers in China to fill a need for resource books that have not been readily available. The aim is to provide access to current, everyday, English conversation as used in likely situations. Foreign Language Press has recently published this series of resouce books which include the following titles

        100 Topics for Business English Situations

        !00 Topics of Daily English Situations

        100 Topics of World Culture

        50 Topics on Youth Culture

        50 Topics on Chinese Culture

        50 Topics on Current World Issues

        50 UK Campus English Topics.

        The series comes with individual CD's covering the conversational dialogue contained in each book.

        For anyboby interested in a modern, up-to-date series covering a wide range of pertinent topics and designed with the Chinese student in mind, the books are well worth a look.

        Regards

        Graham Paterson

        Movie session times on Messenger. Add Movie Scout today!
      • Rob Waring
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
          Thanks Graham,

          Do you know of a link to an online catalogue so i can add it to my list of ER publishers?

          Do you know the exact name of the publisher because there are several who call themselves names similar to the one you posted.

          Thanks

          Rob

          At 08:22 PM 8/1/2007, graham paterson wrote:

[...]

          Cheers

          Rob

          waring_robert@...
          Skype: waring_robert

        • graham paterson
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
            Hi Rob,
            The publisher is Foreign Languages Press but I don't have any other details.
            The Editor is Cai Qing at caiqing2620@...
            I will forward your request to her and she will probably reply direct.
            The books are very well presented and, at 25 Y, they represent good value.
            Regards
            Graham

            To: ExtensiveReading@yahoogroups.com
            From: waring_robert@...
            Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:29:43 +0900
            Subject: [ExtensiveReading] New GR series in China.

            Thanks Graham,

            Do you know of a link to an online catalogue so i can add it to my list of ER publishers?

            Do you know the exact name of the publisher because there are several who call themselves names similar to the one you posted.

            Thanks

            Rob

            Get Low Fares

            Yahoo! FareChase