Re: [ExtensiveReading] Database: ER Programs

  • Wendy Arnold
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 22 8:51 PM
      Hi all

      I've just updated my entry and as from Sept 2005 we now have 15 teachers working on the ER - hurray! And even better it is now NOT left to the native-English teachers, the 11 newcomers are the local English teachers, who have taken to the scheme like ducks to water.  It is such a wonderful feeling to have it appreciated.

      Wendy
      Moderator YL SIG e-discussions

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 23 8:38 AM
        Dear Juan,

        Thank you very much for your kind message below--it made my day!

        Now I've just gone in and updated my record, too.

        I am happy to know that my statement is considered worthy of repetition!
        Allusions to Krashen seem appropriate in our context, but I really did
        find that the proverb needs turned around in order to maximize the greatest
        good for our learners, esply in the Japanese university context, as I said.

        I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write.

        With gratitude,

        Tina

      • educaonline2
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 23 12:23 PM
          Good job Tina. Keep it up. Thanks for updating the info, too. We are
          helping people with this little thing and that's great.
          Juan

          --- In ExtensiveReading@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Ferrato"
          <tinaferrato@...> wrote:

          > Dear Juan,
          >
          > Thank you very much for your kind message below--it made my day!
          >
          > Now I've just gone in and updated my record, too.
          >
          > I am happy to know that my statement is considered worthy of
          repetition!
          > Allusions to Krashen seem appropriate in our context, but I
          really did
          > find that the proverb needs turned around in order to maximize the
          greatest
          > good for our learners, esply in the Japanese university context,
          as I said.

          > I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write.
          >
          > With gratitude,
          >
          > Tina

        • educaonline2
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 23 12:26 PM
            Great news Wendy. You must feel so proud. Thanks for updating.
            Juan

            --- In ExtensiveReading@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy Arnold"
            <arnoldhk@...> wrote:

            > Hi all
            >
            > I've just updated my entry and as from Sept 2005 we now have 15
            teachers
            > working on the ER - hurray! And even better it is now NOT left to
            the
            > native-English teachers, the 11 newcomers are the local English
            teachers,
            > who have taken to the scheme like ducks to water. It is such a
            wonderful
            > feeling to have it appreciated.
            >
            > BTW we are have a rather exciting discussion on the young learners
            group on
            > defining what a 'real' book really is .. please join us if this
            takes your
            > fancy ... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/younglearners/join
            (discussions)

            > Wendy
            > Moderator YL SIG e-discussions

          • Celine Kamhieh
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 25 11:28 PM
              How can I access your site without opening a yahoo address, please?
              THAnks

              Celine
            • Rob Waring
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 26 2:46 AM
                Juan

                I think the recent references to the ER database are on your site web-extensivereading@yahoogroups.com  no?

                At 03:28 PM 4/26/2006, Celine Kamhieh wrote:
                How can I access your site without opening a yahoo address, please?
                THAnks

                Celine

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                Cheers

                Rob
                waring_robert@...

                Skype:  waring_robert
                Cell:     (+81) 090 2009 0195

              • Rob Waring
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 26 6:16 AM
                  Oops Tina corrected me. It this site.  Well all I have to do is log into Yahoo groups

                  I put in my yahoo account info and when logged in select the ER list. Then on the left there is a menu that says database. voila!

                  If you do NOT have a yahoo account, you'll need to set one up and ensure that the yahoo account is linked to your CURRENT er-list address that you receive mail to.

                  Rob

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 26 2:07 PM
                    No, Rob. The database I've been writing about is in this group.
                    Anybody who is member of extensivereading has access to the the ER
                    Program Inventory in Database.
                    Juan

                    --- In ExtensiveReading@yahoogroups.com, Rob Waring