TESOL 2006 Tampa Bay

  • Brenda Johnston
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2006
      I really enjoyed the TESOL 2005 Conference in San Antonio last year,
      especially the ER sessions (with free books!).

      I've spent some time looking at the variety of sessions offered this
      year (March 15-18, 2006), and I was happy to find a few on ER. On the
      Thursday there is "Academic ESL in Higher Education: Extensive Reading
      in Practice" (Waring/Kellogg/Reynolds) and "Colloquia - Key Issues in
      Extensive Reading" (Davidson/Anderson/Aebersold/Williams) Also,
      publishers including Oxford and Hampton Brown are offering exhibitor
      sessions on ER on the Wednesday.

      Really the problem is choosing which sessions and events to attend,
      especially as the students at my school come from such diverse
      backgrounds and have such diverse needs. I will definitely also
      attend the "Multiliteracies in K-12 ESL Classrooms" on the Wednesday
      afternoon, and cross my fingers that Jim Cummins will be able to
      attend this year.

      More information can be found at
      www.tesol.org
      www.tesol.org/planner

      Anyone else planning on attending? Any suggestions?

      Brenda
    • Rob Waring
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
        Thanks for this Brenda,

        This is good news. I will also be talking about how to write graded reader in the Materials Writers' Special interest Group session . Details here.

        Presentation title:  Materials Writers: Writing L2 Reading Materials - Theory, Research, Practice
        Presentation start time:  3/16/06 8:30 AM
        Presentation end time:  3/16/06 11:15 AM
        Location:  Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel/Meeting Rm 5

        The Higher Education IS session details are

        Presentation title:  ESL in Higher Education: Extensive Reading in Practice
        Presentation start time:  3/16/06 2:00 PM
        Presentation end time:  3/16/06 2:45 PM
        Location:  Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel/Florida Salon V

        Any more?

        Rob

        At 11:57 AM 1/2/2006, Brenda Johnston wrote:
[...]

        Secondary school education Graduate school education Home school education
        Graduate school education online High school education Middle school education

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Cheers

        Rob
        waring_robert@...

      • Tracy Cramer
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
          Another ER presentation:

          4585

          Title:

          Placement and Assessment in Extensive Reading

          Tracy Cramer, Kansai Gaidai University, Hirakata City, Osaka, Japan

          Session Title:

          Friday

          Session Type:

          Poster