graded reading

  • arnoldhk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2004
      Hi all

      Many thanks to those who pipped in with ideas.  Kieran I loved listening to the Woman's Hour and am fascinated that this dilemma is still strong today.  The same arguments keep going around and around, each generation seems to re-hash them.

      Pat, many thanks for your ideas of a sequence of lessons to extend vocabulary.

      I'm also going to explore further the use of introducing appropriate comics alongside extensive reading books to see if that motivates my resistant ones (generally boys but that is no surprise and having listened to the Woman's Hour phone in, this seems quite common with native speakers as well).  So any suggestions for appropriate comics in English for 10-12 years old?  Could you give me some kind of reference ie ISBN or publisher so I can try and track them down too?

      Kind regards from a steaming hot Hong Kong,  just off to work
      Wendy  :)