Aseessments for graded library

  • john callahan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      I am going to assess and monitor ESL readers to place readers on a
      readiing level for intensive and extensive readig lessons..to improve
      English

      To assess the reading level I thought that I would a word recognition test
      to establish word recognition level..............

      and then graded reading tracts to gauge reading and comprehension abilities
      ..

      It`s a start ....

      any suggestions ?

      Regards ,

      John

      Download MSN Messenger @ http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz - add your
      friends!
    • kansai561
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
        Unless you are planning to da some kind of research, I would suggest
        you take the easy route and purchase the guide available from http://
        www.ials.ed.ac.uk/eperpubs.html I have been using it a few years and
        found it to be reliable. Only problem is it isn't updated so often
        (hint to David)

        http://www.ials.ed.ac.uk/eperpubs.html
      • Eper Enquiries
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2003
          I agree that I do not update the website very often but I am pretty well up
          to date with assessing new titles published in the UK and can email a
          current listing of recommended titles for £10 (most easily received by
          credit card) and of current titles for £25.

          David R Hill
          EPER (Edinburgh Project on Extensive Reading)
          IALS (Institute for Applied Language Studies)
          University of Edinburgh, 21 Hill Place, Edinburgh EH8 9DP
          Tel: 0131 650 8211/6200 Fax: 0131 667 5927
          Website: www.ials.ed.ac.uk/eper.html