WORDS count of graded readers

  • Akio Furukawa
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2002

      >How did you calculate book length?

      Our member counted the average number of words of a line,
      maximum number of lines of a page,
      total number of pages except pictures,
      and word ratio of a page.

      >What does the 0 in book length mean?

      We have not the books.

      Akio FURUKAWA, Phone 3366-1435 FAX 3365-3546
    • Atsuko Takase
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
        Akio Furukawa sensei,

        Great job! I've been counting page by page whenever I had time, 400 books so
        far, including free sample books from Japanese publishers, but I almost gave
        up.Whenever new books came into our library, I sighed.

        It's a great help to me.
        Now I'll try to count the rest of the books from Heinemann in our library
        and let you all know when I'm finished.

        Thank you.

        Atsuko

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 12, 2002
          As Akio and his group counted all the words of graded readers of Longman,
          Oxford and Cambridge, my students and I have counted words in graded
          readers from Heinemann in our library.

          For HGR1 and thin HGR2 books we counted the average number of words of a
          line in one page and counted all the lines of every page.
          For the rest we counted the number of words in one average page and counted
          all the pages excluding pictures. Where there is a picture in half the page,
          that page is counted half.

          If you find any mistakes, please let me know.

          Atsuko
          Atsuko Takase
          E-Mail : atsukot@...
          Tel&Fax : 0727-94-6883