Re: graded reading website (and writing readers)

  • clareh.rm
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2 5:40 AM
      Dear Kieran - I read your message and then checked the book
      sitting beside my bed - yes, it was Love by Design. . .( For those
      of you who don't know, that's one of Kieran's readers)

      I think the site is great, especially the football (tho' the links to
      the
      football and football quiz seemed to have been reversed).- I'll
      pass the details on to people at work.

      I'm a bit of a lurker on this group, though I've had some very
      generous help with questions - I'm a writer of readers, not
      teaching ESL at the moment. I wonder if there's a group more
      specifically geared to writers? Would other writers like to
      network? I'm posting this reply to the group, rather than directly
      to you, to include other people.

      Or is this in fact exactly the site to be posing questions about
      writing as well as reading?

      Best wishes,

      Clare Harris
      Perth, Western Australia

      > My name is Kieran McGovern and I'm an author of EFL/ESL
      readers. I now edit my own website. It's called the EFL Reading
      Library and it provides free EFL/ESL graded reading materials
      for students and
      > teachers.

      > The address of the site is
      >
      > http://www.gradedreading.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.html
      >
      > and I would be very grateful for any feedback.
      >
      > Best wishes

    • Clive Lovelock
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2 5:26 PM
        Hi Clare

        I don't know a specific answer to your question, but Brian Tomlinson
        (co-author of "Discover English") in the UK, is the founder of a group
        for Materials Writers and may be able to help you. The group publishes a
        magazine called "Folio". I don't have his e-mail address, and I know he
        changed jobs recently from Luton University to ... (Singapore maybe?). I
        have a grate(d) memory. If I can locate more recent co-ordinates for him
        , I'll pass them on. Meanwhile do a search for Folio.

        Can anyone else supply his address?

        Clive

        I don't

        clareh.rm wrote:
        > Dear Kieran - I read your message and then checked the book
        > sitting beside my bed - yes, it was Love by Design. . .( For those
        > of you who don't know, that's one of Kieran's readers)
        >
        > I think the site is great, especially the football (tho' the links to
        > the
        > football and football quiz seemed to have been reversed).- I'll
        > pass the details on to people at work.
        >
        > I'm a bit of a lurker on this group, though I've had some very
        > generous help with questions - I'm a writer of readers, not
        > teaching ESL at the moment. I wonder if there's a group more
        > specifically geared to writers? Would other writers like to
        > network? I'm posting this reply to the group, rather than directly
        > to you, to include other people.
        >
        > Or is this in fact exactly the site to be posing questions about
        > writing as well as reading?
        >
        > Best wishes,
        >
        > Clare Harris
        > Perth, Western Australia
        >

        >>My name is Kieran McGovern and I'm an author of EFL/ESL
        >
        > readers. I now edit my own website. It's called the EFL Reading
        > Library and it provides free EFL/ESL graded reading materials
        > for students and
        >
        >>teachers.
        >

        >>The address of the site is
        >>
        >>http://www.gradedreading.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.html
        >>
        >>and I would be very grateful for any feedback.
        >>
        >>Best wishes

      • Lynn Ellingwood