Virus alert -- warning and a favour to ask

  • dmeadows@idirect.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2002
      Salve,

      No doubt you've heard about this bugbear virus; if not, please
      read:

      http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/10/04/virus.bugbear/index.html

      (thanks to John McMahon for the heads up).

      I have just received, supposedly from me, a copy of this virus
      masquerading as Explorator 4.40. I can assure you that I do *not*
      have the virus (I've been scanning a couple of times a day since
      this thing broke out). I get enough mail as it is and would
      prefer not to have 3000 people telling me that I've got a virus
      (for obvious reasons 8^)).

      That said, I would urge you all to update your virus definitions
      at a bare minimum and -- alas -- urge those of you who save
      Explorators to either delete them or put them in a folder other
      than your 'inbox'. If you need to access a past version of
      Explorator, you can do it at:

      or if you don't want to go through yahoo for whatever reasons,
      do a search for Explorator in sci.archaeology.moderated via
      googlegroups:

      http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=sci.archaeology&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

      Thanks!

      dm

      David Meadows Libertas inaestimabilis res est.
      mailto:dmeadows@... http://www.atrium-media.com