Hello and Intro

  • Sister Lynne
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 8:30 PM
      Hello Anthony and others! :)

      I am a lesbian Christian minister who does a lot of reconciliation work with
      LGBT people who have been chased away from God by people who've misrepresented
      Him and His message. I looked for a group like this after having more and more
      LGBT people who were or are in Exodus and similar groups, and who are
      struggling with trying to feel good about being LGBT. I went through a long
      period once of feeling I had to remain celibate to be right with God, but I
      never went so far as to try to become straight. So I'm hoping to learn from
      those who HAVE been on that road, so that I can better help the others who
      come to me asking for advice, information, consoling, and more.

      Thank for your efforts here, Anthony!

      In His Love,

      Sis. Lynne

      =====
      Rev. Jennifer Lynne <SisJLynne@...>

      Strengthening LGBT Christians in Self-Worth & Love of Christ
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrengtheningLGBTChristians/

      Spam-free LGBT Christian Prayer Group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LGBTPrayer/

      Apostolic Restoration Mission
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristianandGay/

      Luke 15 Ministries
      http://www.luke15ministries.org
    • Life Coach
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004

        Hi Jennifer

        How nice to hear from you. This group has been very quiet for a while now but  I leave it open just in case someone pops in…..and here you are.  Hopefully someone else in the group will say hi as well.

        Celibacy is something that some chose…..not myself though. I find it difficult to understand why we’d be given a gift then not allowed to enjoy it. Sounds like a mean father to me.

        You’ve caught me at busy time. my autobiography ‘A Life of Unlearning’ is being released in about month….so things are hotting up. There is great media attention being generated already even though the book is yet to be printed.

        I can send you the first chapter if you like.

        What denomination are you working in if its okay to ask.

        "The Bible has 7 admonitions that allude to sexual behaviour and intimate relations between persons of the same gender, however the Bible also has more than 300 admonitions that specifically refer to sexual behaviour and intimate relations between members of opposite genders. Does this mean that God hates heterosexuals?

        NO ... certainly not! It just means that heterosexuals need far more supervision."

        " Coming Out is spiritually cleansing.  Harvey Milk of San Francisco was the first openly gay elected official in the United States in 1978.  Harvey repeatedly said: “Come out, and when you do, you will feel so much better.”  Before he was assassinated in 1979, Harvey predicted that he would be murdered, but he said that he would gladly take a bullet if it would blast open all of the closet doors that trap and imprison gay people.  You will feel better about yourself and you will see yourself and the whole world as a more beautiful place when you come out.

        Coming Out is liberation from a host of unclean spirits.  Homosexuality is not demonic, but homophobia is.  Coming Out is an exorcism of the destructive forces that deceive you into believing evil things and rejecting yourself and your own reality.

        Coming Out is an act of God in your life, whatever your view of God might be.  God is always seen in Christian perspective as Truth.  Remember that Jesus said: “You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free;” and added: “I am the truth.”

        “Homosexuality is actually a privileged spiritual path and natural mode of human expression that our Souls have chosen in order to help us discover the true power and magnificence of our Authentic Selves“.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
          Hi Anthony (and others :)

          --- Life Coach <lifecoach@...> wrote:
          > Celibacy is something that some chose...not myself though. I find it
          > difficult to understand why we'd be given a gift then not allowed to enjoy
          > it. Sounds like a mean father to me.

          I agree. Just like many Christian LGBT people, I wanted to be right with and
          for God - and I swallowed the line that the only way to do that was to not be
          who I am (who God created me to be). I was healed of that notion several years
          ago, after finally beginning a scripture study of my own, and after a lot of
          prayer and learning to love God without fear.

          I do understand now that God wants us to live decent, love-filled lives -
          whether we are LGBT or straight. And so that is my goal now. Not trying to
          suppress who God meant me to be.

          It occurs to me lately that Jesus gave us commands - love God, love your
          neighbor, pray for those who hurt you, etc - but He actually left a lot of
          "wiggle" room: He never told us how to dress, or to eat one way and not
          another, or how to be in the world, except that what we do not violate loving
          God or neighbor. So it occurs to me that we can be LGBT Christians, just as
          there can be African Christians, and Jewish Christians, and Methodist
          Christians, and Russian Christians, and so on. God created a wonderful
          diversity of people, who have all sorts of different core values and
          experiences. And not once did He say: to be a Christian ok in My sight, you
          have to be of western european-descent, male, 30-59 years old, American,
          heterosexual, with 2.4 children, making $75,000+ a year. That's what the WORLD
          wants us to believe is the only "acceptable" way to be. Not what God believes.
          I believe we LGBT people are just fine and completely loved and accepted in
          God's eyes, when we trust in Him :)

          > You've caught me at busy time. my autobiography 'A Life of Unlearning' is
          > being released in about month..so things are hotting up. There is great
          > media attention being generated already even though the book is yet to be
          > printed.

          Congratulations! :) That's wonderful!

          > I can send you the first chapter if you like.

          That would be great! Will it be in mainstream bookstores? Where can I buy a
          copy?

          > What denomination are you working in if its okay to ask.

          In my life, I've been a fundamentalist Christian, a Roman Catholic, a
          charismatic, and a pentecostal. My ordination is through a national LGBT
          pentecostal denomination (Apostolic Restoration Mission). However, I work all
          over, and not just within a church.

          God bless you, and continued good luck on your new book!

          In His Love,

          Jennifer

          =====

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2004

            Amazing Jennifer…..a lgtb Pentecostal group. You must let me know more….I’m intrigued……thank God for the internet.

            Have you heard of Rembert Truluck…..I think you should have a look at his site……I think you’ll feel very aligned.

            http://www.truluck.com/

            I feel the same way about sex………..for me its about respect for the individual……as I would any human being.

            Ill send the first chapter to your email address.

            Sorry for the brief reply but I’m on my way out for a cocktails and facials party with a guy I met last week……..second date.

            Anthony V-B