Howdy from an ExExGay new to the group

  • amisterfrench
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hi all. My name is Ken.
      I am a Born Again gay zebrea who always tried to change his stripes
      to spots... or spots to stripes, or whatever.

      I am 46, and quite a big ominous-looking 6'2" and "Bigbelly Chub
      Bear", by esoteric gay body-fascist standards, or even those of the
      Bear world, but that is totally beside the point. the POINT!: is
      that despite almost a decade spent to varying degrees in the
      supposed "Christian ExGay world" aka "Exodus INT'l"/"Love-In-Action"
      (San Rafael CA.,USA) etc. i remain to this day a Homosexual, and a
      CHRISTIAN one, too!

      I had been kicked-out of more Pentecostal and other Christian
      Churches than most folk even bother to attend in a lifetime. I,
      too, have a story that would play out well on stage or screen, big
      or little, but the really big, BIG News now, is that I realise I am
      Loved by God Himself First and Foremost, because HE is the Author,
      Director and Playwright of My Life each moment, if I only choose to
      let Him Be my Life and Love, and not EVEN IF or IN SPITE OF my being
      Gay, but BECAUSE He made me and knew I would be who and what I am,
      long long before I would come to grips with my Homosexuality and
      Faith in Christ!

      I'm probably preaching to the choir here, big surprise. Hope to
      hear from you others worldwide, whether you've remained in Faith or
      a different way has become your lot.

      I know the brainwashing, spoonfed-doctrine I received from the
      American Christian supposedly EX-Gay Movement, and personal
      acquaintance with Frank and Anita Worthen, John Smid, and the now
      infamous John Paulk were unique things. I am willing to tell the
      full long story of my life and also to listen to others here,
      too.... so PLEASE PLEASE DO feel so free to respond to me here in
      your group publicly, or privately to me via my own e-mail:
      amisterfrench@...
      Thanks, and Happy New Year!
      Ken, Dearborn Heights, MI USA
    • Life Coach
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004

        Hi Ken

        Welcome to the group and thanks for sharing your story with us…….I’m sure there is a lot more to tell……and glad to hear you have peace with God.

        Its pretty quiet here in the group but every now and then someone pops in who needs some help……so I keep it happening.

        Someone recently was asking if any had read ‘Anything but Straight’ by Wayne Besen…..I hadn’t at the time but have just finished it.  Have you read it?

        Sounds like you were really involved knowing all those people including John Paulk.

        Although I didn’t actually get involved with exodus I did go through rehab to become straight with a Christian organisation in 1970…….it was a pretty mean place to be……..actually very much like a cult.  I continued to struggle with my homosexuality for another 20 years including marriage but of course that didn’t work either. During this time I was a Pentecostal evangelist and pastor travelling the world preaching.

        12 years ago I reluctantly accepted the fact that I was gay and couldn’t change it….but now I love being who I am and celebrate my sexuality.  I would rather be gay than straight.

        I’ve just signed a contract with a publisher to have my autobiography ‘A Life of Unlearning’ published and it will be released in May. I’m currently working on the final draft of the 20 chapters. I have a real sense of mission to get my story out there.

        You asked about beliefs……..I know longer have a Christian belief system. Fro several years I didn’t believe anything because I could reconcile my beliefs with the experience of being gay. I came back into relationship with God in 1998 and since then my life has been wonderful and truly exciting. To categorise where I stand today I would place my self under the banner of new spirituality.

        Hope to hear more from you.

        "The Bible has 7 admonitions that allude to sexual behaviour and intimate relations between persons of the same gender, however the Bible also has more than 300 admonitions that specifically refer to sexual behaviour and intimate relations between members of opposite genders. Does this mean that God hates heterosexuals?

        NO ... certainly not! It just means that heterosexuals need far more supervision."

        " Coming Out is spiritually cleansing.  Harvey Milk of San Francisco was the first openly gay elected official in the United States in 1978.  Harvey repeatedly said: “Come out, and when you do, you will feel so much better.”  Before he was assassinated in 1979, Harvey predicted that he would be murdered, but he said that he would gladly take a bullet if it would blast open all of the closet doors that trap and imprison gay people.  You will feel better about yourself and you will see yourself and the whole world as a more beautiful place when you come out.

        Coming Out is liberation from a host of unclean spirits.  Homosexuality is not demonic, but homophobia is.  Coming Out is an exorcism of the destructive forces that deceive you into believing evil things and rejecting yourself and your own reality.

        Coming Out is an act of God in your life, whatever your view of God might be.  God is always seen in Christian perspective as Truth.  Remember that Jesus said: “You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free;” and added: “I am the truth.”

        “Homosexuality is actually a privileged spiritual path and natural mode of human expression that our Souls have chosen in order to help us discover the true power and magnificence of our Authentic Selves“.